Official Oceanic Fresh Request

Unless this thread get 10k+ views i don’t think blizzard will give much extra thought to their already made decision. I was sad when i first heard the news, but now i think its the safest option they had.
Not a large enough player base to support a(nother) healthy realm, it would just / us.

1 Like

I’d really appreciate the opportunity to play Wotlk Classic on a Fresh Oceanic Realm. Fair enough we don’t have the iconic (and terribly fun) Random Dungeon Finder, but I have no intention to play on US Fresh Realms longer than my remaining GameTime allows.

The hype and anticipation surrounding a new start for Wrath had been unreal in several player and public discords that I have personally witnessed and partaken in. OCE players in particular being very vocal and excited about a new journey together.

For the last several weeks, while players had been waiting for any kind of announcement in regards to when, Fresh Start Realms/Wrath Prepatch were releasing, we as OCE players never thought that we would be missing out.

I’ve come to understand EU and US have been given additional realms because players have whined about the server type. I would fear that this would be the case as well for OCE.

Blizzard, you really drop the ball sometimes. At least pick one up for us before you fumble it. This is the last hurrah for me and dozens of (now) disheartened players.

9 Likes

They did after all say 1 server per region. OCE is a region, we even have a different battlegroup to the US.

7 Likes

Imagine if Blizzard actually communicated what the plan was for once

7 Likes

I seem to remember them saying every region would get fresh, but can’t find the quote. Do you have a link?

3 Likes

[Classic] Discussion following Live Chat with Devs.

7 Likes

Much obliged.

4 Likes

This server would be dead.

1 Like

IF so players would need to transfer when they open it. Blizzard makes $$$. where is the loss? people claim existing servers are dead, Ok, Close 2 of those ones, merge those players into remaining. Use resources from closed realms to create fresh ones. No Loss.

1 Like

Here’s what would happen: all the Alliance would transfer from Arugal to this server to escape the Horde, Arugal would go Horde, the Horde on this new server would die in infancy and go all Alliance.

2 Likes

Thats 3 months form now. Seems like a problem for then.
Besides that would just mean more $$$ for them. again seeing no loss. Also are they not working on a Balancing thing for servers in the future?

1 Like

Here’s what would happen: all the Alliance would transfer from Arugal to this server to escape the Horde, Arugal would go Horde, the Horde on this new server would die in infancy and go all Alliance.

How much did you pay for your crystal ball from Wish?

1 Like

I bought no ball. The insight is free based on analyzing wow server population trends.

1 Like

The insight is free based on analyzing wow server population trends.

People keep doing this and it’s dumb as hell. You might as well be analysing Martha Stewart recipe books for insight because you’re just making false comparisons.

You could make a comparison if:

• There was an existing history of fresh server releases in classic history.
  • You took trends from a pre-patch / pre-expansion launch (not data from towards the end of an expansion).
  • You at least had some kind of qualitative data e.g. a survey of interest, but even then that would be open to interpretation and mismanagement.

But hopping on here and saying wE dOnT HaEV ENuFF pOEPLE is really just an assumption and nothing more.

Edit: This is also why I don’t speculate and say we will have enough people to maintain a fresh server - but I argue that the pro’s far outweigh any con’s. And as I mentioned earlier in this thread, the people who are unfathomably bothered by the prospect of a fresh server are likely the people in full Sunwell gear sitting on their hoards of GDKP gold who are sick to the stomach at the thought that people might not want to play on a server where they have to compete with that.

4 Likes

+8 for Oceanic Fresh for me and the boys

14 Likes

cant agree more

4 Likes

I was going to play if there was a fresh OCE realm for WOTLK. Unfortunately, looks like I wont be playing now :frowning:

8 Likes

Yea won’t be playing unless a fresh server is added sadly

3 Likes

Agreed!

Guess we got <12hours til we know

8 Likes

+1

I’ve been looking forward to fresh for some time now. Going through things at the same pace as the majority of the player base, fresh AH, being one of the main bag/wand providers on the server. Buiding a new server community and meeting/grouping with new people. It’s always the pinnacle of the WoW experience imo.

Was really hoping we’d be able to do so at a decent ping. I mean if we don’t get an oceanic I’d still play NA fresh, but it does make raiding etc a lot harder.

I think we’d get a reasonable population at least for the first few months. If it turned out to be untennable after that, I’d be happy for it to be merged into an existing OCE server.

I think Blizz might be underestimating how popular Fresh may be. I foresee panic servers being rush added d1 of prepatch to keep up with demand.

6 Likes