Official Classic Hardcore is Coming

As Senior Game Producer Aggrend just confirmed on the Hardcore All-Stars stream, we’ve been working to bring official Hardcore Classic gameplay to WoW Classic. We’ve been very energized by the community’s enthusiasm for Hardcore, watching along with you, and doing a lot of Hardcore play ourselves.

We’ll let you know much more about it soon!

117 Likes

Also mentioned was another “season” of something but not SOM necessaily.

8 Likes

The fact that they didn’t mention this in the post is telling enough. They know a new SoM would distract from their new “hardcore” servers.

Guess it’s back to Private servers until something actually decent comes around

18 Likes

Thanks for the update Kaivax :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Awesome ! Looking forward to it

3 Likes

Also mentioned on the stream but not here, they’re also working on a “duel to the death” as part of HC servers for a PVP element.

Sounds funny but I can already see the toxic threads spawning as a result of an “unfair” duel.

7 Likes

Not really into HC but definetly looking forward to new season of classic!

5 Likes

I bet this fad dies down quite a bit before the release of official hardcore servers later this summer and everyone plays on the servers for a week then quits.

16 Likes

The delivery of this is incredibly disappointing and frustrating. There has been no news since the end of SoM about new servers, and now it comes from one developer on an unofficial hardcore run? Even with this announcement, all it communicates is “Soon™”

Really?

16 Likes

I for one am grateful we have something new coming for those that enjoy classic era. I’m very curious how they will approach the new season. The fact they are inventing new stuff like the dual to the death thing gives me some hope.

5 Likes

Give us back our clones.

15 Likes

I am looking forward to an official HC server, with rules essentially the same as we have already established for ourselves, by addon and by honor in cases where the addon would not be able to monitor.

I pray I pray I pray that Blizzard ignores the people that don’t like HC rules, but still want to play on a HC server, and therefore the entire concept should be undermined because one demographic cannot understand the concept of ‘if you don’t like the rules on this server, then go to any other server’.

You people that want a modified ruleset that HC server doesn’t allow, then NOTHING is stopping you from going to any other server, and imposing said challenge on yourselves.

6 Likes

bubble hearthing should be allowed.

1 Like

You can bubble hearth if you want to. You can make any rules for yourself that you want. Nothing is stopping you from creating your own challenge against yourself. You can use the AH, or not. You can use the mail or not. You can impose any restriction or lack of restriction on yourself that you want, all day long.

HC is a specific ruleset that some OTHER people made up for themselves. You can agree to the challenge and try it yourself. On the other hand, if you don’t like it the specific hardcore rules, go make your own. Nothing is stopping you.

What you cannot do, is dictate what rules other people make for themselves.

7 Likes

what are you saying? How many HC servers are there going to be? There aren’t going to be different rules on them.

2 Likes

I meant on the official server, there is one death, no appeals, and no special rules.

3 Likes

If you want to be in HC, then be in HC. If you don’t want to be in HC, then don’t

2 Likes

We need true hard core. Death = delete, alt f4, uninstall and unsub.

7 Likes