Offensive spell cast with mod+left click

Hello! I have been trying to cast a harmful mouse-over with shift/left click to help with explosives… I’ve tried within Clique and tried some macros too and can’t figure it out.

I have a feeling this is one of those things you just can’t do… anyone have a work around??

Should be able to it with Clique. You may need to add your enemy nameplates to the frames list.

Worst case you can definitely do it as a keybound macro (I’d stick it on `, key to the left of 1, if you’re not already using it).

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [mod:shift] Shadow Word: Pain

Ok, I’m finally sitting down to look into this… but “Enemy Nameplates” isn’t an option for Clique. I’m venturing into trying to use the built-in feature but keep running into a wall and think it’s because I’m trying to use the left mouse click.

I think I can easily make this work with another button, but I really want to use my left click to zap Explosives. Seems easiest.

Any more thoughts?

So… just downloaded Clique to double check the options and I guess it doesn’t actually have the ability to add custom frames to the frame list.

However, thinking about it more, and realizing I’m already using the perfect addon for this (and then testing it)… Use BindPad: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bind-pad

Create this macro, bind it to shift-left click

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] Shadow Word: Pain
2 Likes

Honestly life changing, thank you. Too bad Explosives is ending! :smiley:

1 Like

I know this is 2 years old, just wanted to say THANK YOU!

1 Like