Odd positive from the Blizzard fiasco

This is something that I’ve noticed and want to catch some other people’s experiences. I can’t tell if it’s just me, but I’ve noticed a whole lot of -or rather lack of- negativity and bs in trade/general chat.

In the last two weeks, I’ve barely seen any vostiferous trolls, no one spewing political garbage, no one treating people like crap … And then it dawned on me, that maybe with all this going outside of the game, those playing are sick of it and just want to enjoy themselves.

-I even had a whole hour long Convo with several people in chat over the weekend, with every single person being respectful and reasonable. Even when this blizz stuff came up-

It was just so uncanny that I had to make a post about it today to ask if anyone else has felt similar. If so that just goes to show you, we don’t have room for this garbage around here.

5 Likes

This might be shocking, but maybe the people quitting are the reasons why the community is so toxic. Let them be toxic in other games so ours can remain safe from these people.

5 Likes

It’s because so many people quit. Fewer people also means fewer trolls. If a % of people are trolls then a % of trolls will leave when there is a massive amount of people leaving. This can be very noticeable and create a false sense that only negative people are leaving.

5 Likes

As a resident trade chatter and general vexation, I left retail for classic.

Between seeing the company implode overnight and being entirely dissatisfied with the trajectory of retail, and with no signs of improvement, I decided it was time to bite the bullet and play TBC before they stick more microtransactions in it.

I’ll be back though, don’t fret. I always come back.

Except the suits want all the people.

Not just the good people.

Less numbers, less money.

You can’t be talking about the forums. With all the alt right political organizers in here posing as players, the forums have been more toxic than ever.

3 Likes

:rofl: What kind of mental gymnastics is this?

4 Likes

It’s always like this the ones that flame leave to go else where because their fun isn’t there any more ,we are the lucky ones. They left for other games.

1 Like

A lot of toxic people are here because they know there are rarely meaningful consequences for their behavior in this game.

Its honestly not mental gymnastics at all. My friend who quit WoW for FFXIV early in BfA has said toxicity has notably shot up in the past few weeks as people leave WoW for FFXIV.

Who could thought streamer follower are toxic mm