Oct trading post

They just dropped the Oct trading post, post on the FB page. I hope they have other more appealing items than the few they did show, Im not complaining because I get to save tender for next month. Just shocked that none of the stuff shown appealed to me. The monthly reward is a permanent flying broom mount, im not sure why they just dont modify the temp Halloween holiday mounts to be permanent but :man_shrugging:t5:

Haven’t seen any of the press on this, but I bet this lacks the only real advantage the temporary Halloween one has: being instant-cast and castable in motion.

If it’s just a broom-shaped normal flying mount, yawn. It’s a +1 for collectors and free for just playing the game, but that’s all.

Cast time is normally 1.5 seconds (outside of the holiday - but instant during it) according to Wowhead data. That is the same cast time as other mounts.

2 Likes

I still like the look of the old broom and wish I could get a permanent version of that, too. I tend to like simpler unarmored items and am not always a fan of graphical updates. The verdict is out until I get to try it myself, but I hope it exceeds my expectations. It will be nice not having to farm a broom on all my alts to use an insta-cast for the duration of the event every year, but it won’t matter in the Dragon Isles anyway. I have been looking forward to the druid-themed weapons in the trading post, though.

1 Like

Well, patch 10.2 does give us the Pathfinder achievement for normal flight in the Dragon Isles.

1 Like

True! I think I’m too accustomed to the speed of dragon riding to give it up except in very specific scenarios :weary: The zone is not designed to be slow riding friendly. I do sometimes miss my “AFK while auto flying in one direction and hope I don’t die to fatigue in the sea” jaunts, though.

1 Like

For me, the big win will be not having to wait for vigor to recharge just because I’ve done a lot of resources node hopping on my gatherers. I want my druid to be able to stay in birb mode and harvest herbs.

2 Likes

Yeah, there will definitely be some benefits to using both in different scenarios! Its good to have choices.

I was thinking it would be cool to zoom around on the broom mount the same way we ride our dragons, though. Too bad there is not a broom dragon customization.