OCE+US battlegroup merge PLEASE!

No please don’t do this.

Why not? There is no negative impact. Surely queues with slightly higher latency are better than no queues at all?

When there are OCE queues, you will get OCE games with OCE latency.

1 Like

Because i ront want to ever play with us ping, it sucks.

High ping for melee, very hard to play Hunter or Feral Druid for example above a certain rating

Easy - just don’t queue at that time. The only reason you would be playing with US ping is that there are no OCE games :slight_smile:

I believe when you queue from a US server, you get matched with USW and USE players - the latter resulting in subsantially higher ping for OCE folks. This wouldn’t be the same approach for implementation of a merged BG group for OCE - it’d attempt to match you with OCE first for a few minutes, then expand to USW after that period - very unlikely you’d ever end up playing against USE players with that high ping.

And again - without this change, there would simply be no games at all for OCE players - so you could always just not queue :slight_smile:

I’m all for it if they introduce a priority queue sytem. After 3 - 5 min give us the Americans.

1 Like

This would 100% be how it works.

1 Like

+1 for priority queue system.
Attempt to join OCE battlegroup games for ~5mins then expand to US battlegroups.

Without this, you quite literally cannot queue PvP outside of very specific and rare times on OCE, it’s pathetic.

This is why people don’t want OCE in the US group because you are spammers. There is another thread that is larger already about this subject.

Please re-merge! As someone who originally was very against the initial merge. I for one am very much in favour of a re-merge or a priority queue system where if you’ve been in queue for too long you can region jump to US.

Please re-merge, priority q’s for OCE then US.

Merge us please blizzard. Arena scene is dead oce.

Please please please join us with US - make the game actually playable and bolster the queues for US servers at offpeak times. There is no downside to this and a tremendous upside for the Oceanic community. Check any indicators you want about health of a community and you will see that PVP is extremely broken in this region.

1 Like

Use the same queue system as retail.

1 Like

Edit. Found it.

Using your own words

Having seen that effect, we’re going to keep these groups queuing together, so that both groups can find matches. It’s more fun to play a game with people of unequal pings than it is to not be able to play at all.

Yeah. This. Oce. Thanks.

1 Like

OCE players complain about being part of NA during classic and got removed from for tbc, same OCE players complaining about being remoted from NA. I personally dont care but people pls just make up your mind since having to be swapped to each expansion just sounds awful. Personally just allow a toggle feature which will allow OCE to go to NA servers after some time in waiting

Please explain how OCE and NA were together in classic?

They did it during pre-patch until everyone on the forums complained.

I don’t think they will reverse it, this thread has been up for 6hrs with 48 posts. When they ninja merged oce + NA there was 2k posts under an hour and it wasn’t the same people complaining over and over.

They will stick with the majority to hedge their bets

1 Like

Oh yeah, the two threads in 3 months on the Random Dungeon Finder Discussion Forums really ruins the experience.