Oceanic super-cluster

I would like to propose that Blizzard joins ALL OCE realms together into one single super-cluster. I firmly see no reason why not to at this point. The server populations are extremely imbalanced, separating servers just increases that faction imbalance as well.

The servers right now, are essentially acting as if they were connected anyway. The major factor that is needed is the cross-realm guild function, without this, the best solution is connect ALL OCE realms.

Imagine trying to recruit for your guild, knowing that 100% of the players on your faction on OCE servers would be potential players who might be interested. There is an incredible talent-drain of players into the frostmourne cluster, I say we connect all realms.

We want an OCE-Union.

1 Like

The problem with that would be Frostmourne. As I understand it, its a very large realm population-wise, and combining it with others might cause server difficulties insofar as lag, latency etc are concerned.

1 Like

Absolutely agree. Raids take over an hour* to form during “peak traffic times” and that’s if we don’t be picky regarding gear and experience or opt out of pushing hard modes etc.

• Edit.

frostmourne is already a connected realm.

Its only barthilas for some unknown reason that hasnt been connected to anything else. The other 2 groups are like 3-4 servers combined. But aussie servers combined would maybe maybe 1 mid range size US server so you shouldnt be seeing lag etc

I was more noting that putting Frosty into a single connection cluster with every other Oceanic server might be a problem. But shrug I don’t know since I have no knowledge of things like how the Oceanic server would cope with that and the real game numbers.