Oceanic In Game/Server Lag Issues

Myself and my friends are on Frostmourne and we're having lag issues in game.

Its seems to be an issue with the server. It's not showing that we have bad ping but it takes a few seconds to cast spells, loot items and accept quests.

Latency is 15MS.

Anyone else having this issue?

We're currently questing in Tiragarde Sound.
10 Likes
Hello hello,

I also experience a weird lag issue on Frostmourne. It does not show up on the UI as well, but you feel the delay when playing. I also experienced this on Saurfang, with a rogue, and the combo points themselves come up after a short delay.

I did not experience the same delay on Bonechewer (US) and Barthilas (OC).

Any help?

Thanks
1 Like
Yup same problem on Dathremar OC for the last two days. Comes and goes, mostly comes.
Glad to know its not just us but also not so glad as it's making it annoying to play right now. ;(
Also happening on Nagrand for days now, funny enough getting phased to a NA server makes the lag go away, for sure a server problem.
same is happening on Khaz'goroth. Even in dungeons its extremely high, almost unplayable.
Khaz player here, been suffering it since Release, game constantly says I'm at 23ms yet feels like my Combat is stuck in Dial-up.
Cael/Nagrand is getting this lag constantly, Blizz couldn't care less about Oceanic servers :)
1 Like
Same again for Dath'Remar. Ping of 25ms, but feels like like 1200ms at least. Pretty much unplayable. Will give it a day or two and try again.
Frostmourne's lag in many world zones borders on intolerable at times. In-game latency doesn't change, but it makes questing agonizing. Fine in dungeons.
Blizzard are investigating the issue and have asked for people to post winMTR's to help narrow down the issue here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767557791?page=2#post-38
1 Like
Same issue here on Nagrand. BUT I did notice that switching over to War Mode actually more or less stopped most of the lag. Possibly because of population.
I'm not having issues on Aman'Thul anymore and I put it down to lower population. That's just me though. Might be different for others but no one is complaining in chat like they were at launch.
Definitely population related. If you are questing on an alt in broken isles there is no lag.
Me and my wife live in Japan and play on Khaz'Goroth.

So far we have had minimal lag until today where we died due to lag. We were questing in Stormsong Valley.

Movement is generally okay but my wife saw me glitching just a few times, mostly just lag or delay on interacting with NPC's, combat, ability use, and looting. Delay I'd estimate 2 - 3 seconds which made combat a no go.

I read up on the WinMTR forum post and wanted to run the test when the issue had resolved itself when my wife left my party group.

We had been questing together on some shard, but she left and the issue resolved after I phased out.

If it happens when we go again I'll try to post those results as requested.
The lag is so bad in Boralus right now that we cant even hand in quests :(
Yep, been laggy since BFA launch. I am guessing it has something to do with warmode. I have on average 50ms world/home. Game is behaving like I am on 800ms.
And while you're at it fix the day/night cycle.
This has essentially forced me out of the game twice now, and once again I am unable to log back in properly (character selection screen is blank). On both occasions I was in the middle of a scenario/important moment in the story so it's been incredibly frustrating.
my account is not even showing up i logged in and couldn't see any npc's relogged and now it shows as i have no toons on barthilas. i have like 15