Oceanic Calendar

Are there any plans to fix the Oceanic in game Calendar?

It can be very confusing trying to schedule things and ensure you don’t miss events when it shows things ending today but in reality there is more than 14 hours left due to the times being shown as PDT times and not local times (as it used to show)

It was changed in Legion i think due to the Strangelthorne fishing event, surely there is a way to fix it to show local times again as it did for so long before legion.

(Post was moved… Why an in game issue would be moved to the “general discussion” section is beyond me… i guess its so i can better be ignored… Thanks for nothing!, Thought point of forums was to get help, guess ill just raise a ticket then)

18 Likes

Add it to the list of things that don’t work in regards to Oceanic servers:
-No RP server
-Incorrect day/night cycle
-Incorrect calendar
-Inconsistent phasing.

Edit: -server reset times (during peak time after all these years and with local servers).

16 Likes

It was moved due to being feedback and not an in-game issue (i.e., it is currently working as intended). Since you are requesting a change be made to how the system currently works, your feedback was moved so that it could be seen by the people who collect feedback. The Community Managers who collect feedback do not go to the Support forums to collect said feedback.

Also, since the system is currently working as intended, there is no need to raise a ticket concerning this matter.

Also, since the system is currently working as intended, there is no need to raise a ticket concerning this matter.

Excuse me, but a calendar that is not accurate to the timezones it is being used in is not “working as intended” at all.

Do I need to remind you that US and OCE times are 17 hours apart?

20 Likes

No, you do not need to remind me, but thank you for the offer.

It is still working as Blizzard has designed it currently. If you wish to see that changed to better suit Oceanic players, then having the post here where your feedback can be gathered is the best avenue.

1 Like

No, you do not need to remind me, but thank you for the offer.

For the record, Aust NZ Oceanic uses AEST (actually DST as we are on daylight savings time) and does not use PDT in any way, in the same way as the US uses imperial and Oceanic uses metric.

GMT plus eleven to be specific.

By that criteria. with respect, the calendars should use local time, not US measurement.

They are in fact 17 hours wrong, and that is a legitimate issue. Using that standard, the calendar is in fact inaccurate and incorrect.

Seeing also as this calandar is used to notify us of upcoming events, like the STV fishing contest, it would be a good idea to ensure that OCE players have accurate details as to when it starts and ends.

11 Likes

I understand your reasoning quite well. I can see how the change to the calendar can be troublesome to Oceanic players.

I merely wished to clarify why your post was moved from CS.

Also, here was a post that Blizzard had made concerning why the calendar times were set to one universal time.

However, events start globally at the same time now and that is Pacific Time.

This is done because of the cross-realm capabilities. If you go from a realm where the event is started to a realm where the event has not started then you could lose event related items. So they all start at the same time to avoid that problem :slight_smile:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769667734#post-8

Thank you Kyzera. I am certain Narull or one of the CMs will follow up.

Speaking of which, Narull or a CM, can you look at this please?

1 Like

Now there is this

So, does the fishing contest take place any day/time now? Or does it still start sunday afternoon but it runs until there are enough winners? Or is it a bug and the quest shouldn’t have been showing up at all? Is the start time actually AU time or is it still US PDT?

The calendar is NOT working as intended if the information it provides is incomplete or incorrect.

7 Likes

For the record, I didn’t see the fishing quest in the calendar at all, on any day. It’s just that I flew over the zone and it popped up. The weirdest thing is, even taking into account US time it’s way, way off. The last time I saw the popup was about 7:50PM AEST Tuesday. Unless my math is way off that’s something like Tuesday 2AM PDT?

1 Like

Fell victim to the calendar not being in the right time zone the day Pilgrim’s Bounty started, only to discover even though the calendar said it had started hours before that it hadn’t gone live yet. Quite misleading!

4 Likes

So Blizzard’s solution is to post all the events at the wrong time on the wrong day? I have to guess when events are starting/ending because there is nothing in the calendar to indicate which timezone is being used, and no clock setting to line up with the calendar. All I have is server time and local time, both of which are AEST/AEDT.

I repeat, due to the large time difference events are often listed on the wrong day.

If we want to catch a shorter event, or are trying to complete something before an event ends, then the calendar is not just inconvenient: It is actively misleading.

3 Likes

Working as intended?
in MoP when we got local realms… the times on the cal were right. they changed them back to US times and screwed everyone over, so yeah it should have been left where it was. I raised a ticket (which these forums are supposed to help prevent me from doing) got the answer i was seeking.

5 Likes

they changed them back to US times

Last time I looked, we dont use US times. Good grief…

1 Like

Can’t even give server downtimes listed in AU timezones anymore, as they used to.

Lazier and lazier.

I repeat, due to the large time difference events are often listed on the wrong day .

@Narull, Takralus et al

Can we get some details on this please?

1 Like

Adding on to this - it is pretty frustrating when an event says on the calendar it will start in the early evening, but wont actually start until 5 am. Then planning around an event ending at say 5 pm, but actually ending at midnight.

5 Likes

“/salute” - This is the best we get mate and you know this. And that wasn’t even in a recognition for of the actual issue it was posted in. It was in response to a MVP saying hello.

This issue in particular has been mentioned in so many threads and I have personally tweeted about this and put it in bug reports and more that it goes in the exact pile of ignored stuff that we as a OCE community have been pushing for.

Ion once suggested that when we point out an issue that we need to say stuff like “Hey this is an issue and it affects me in this manner” but EVEN when this method is used, it is pointless when the CM that is supposed to forward these on doesn’t acknowledge the issue or respond to the community in any meaningful way.

4 Likes

It is pretty frustrating this issue continues. Can understand events needing to start at the same time globally, but surely the calendar - like the in-game clock - can be set to display local time (heck, for OCE even server time would be an improvement… easier to allow for 2 hours here in NZ than 20 hours, whilst guessing whether or not the day is even correct).

It’s 9:16 am here at the moment. Going by the in-game calendar right now, apparently Timewalking just started over an hour ago, but I know it won’t start until the wee hours of tomorrow morning. Surely someone can devote half an hour to code this simple request? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

That might cost us a raid tier though, as blizzard is a small indi company.

3 Likes