OCE Inviting Only OCE

I only invite other OCE players because many years of experience have taught me that someone saying they are fine with OCE ping is mistaken or lying 99% of the time and will play like trash and blame the “lag”.

Oh and then they’ll whine. A lot. So no, ill keep inviting other OCE and only OCE.

1 Like

i never join OCE groups because i’d rather play with really low ping instead of really high ping

Holy cow dude, it is an old thread now.

1 Like

And yet here we are:

Put OCE next to OCE players names please Blizzard - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums

Players STILL complaining, and have been for what, 16? years or however long OCE servers have been a thing.

‘Bumping’ a thread vs bringing up an older discussion can be considered different things.

Simply replying to yourself stating “Bumping” is most certainly what Blizz are taking about.

But also bringing up old threads is just bad, but still relevant, considering in January 2023 this post was made and the other day another was made with someone complaining about the opposite.

Ping and language barrier.

A thread necro is a thread necro.

2 Likes

Yup it’s usually just a heads up. I’ve played with OCE plenty and I never seem to have ping issues these days and it’s been fine, but in the past it’s been noticeable (not since Shadowlands though, for some reason).

Necroing threads is bad, but:

Continuing the discussion from Welcome! Please read–:

Only if done so for no reason.

Waaay back in vanilla i was working nightshift and in a late night guild with aussies and kiwis and degens like me on elune. It started off great and to be fair about half were cool. The other half were complaining about Americans in a aussie guild. It was. It was not aAussie guild it was about 50/50. I think they are just kinda xenophobic and special, the uncool half that is. The other ones just kinda sat there with their mouths shut.

2 Likes

From memory, I think we asked for servers for years and then a Telecom company was just like “hey, we’ll take the costs, just let us have servers” and then by wod they did?

I dunno, it’s been a long time and I can’t find any details on it

It was late MOP but yeah, close enough.

1 Like

Ah. I didn’t stay subbed through the end of mop and when I came back in wod I transferred everything from storm rage to frostmourne while it was free.

Ya know, I did once have an OCE communication barrier, in real life in Sydney, years back. A guy from Scotland with the Aussie accent laid over it. I’ll be damned if I know what he was trying to say.

I’m grateful OCE players are online when I am (US West Coast). Beats playing with our average NA EST player that somehow still don’t know that there’s other time zones, despite all the Federal money poured into their education.

Dude, this is a direct quote from Blizz on their forum rules post, there is no argument to be made, there are no set forum rules saying “Never necro another thread for any reason”, they are trying to discourage it, but rules are rules.

If they wanted to outlaw necro threads they would put a rule in place that would lock older threads once they pass a certain time.

You seem to love to partly quote something:

See that there underlined?

Would you like me to explain what this means in the post?

Or would you like to go over to the CS Forums and try and get evidence to back up what you’re saying?

Everything I’ve linked up, is all quoted from Blizzard too.

Sorry Vrak, your post are very helpful too.

Yes, I see the underlined italic part.

Let me explain, if someone find an old thread where a person is making a post about SL where someone announces a PVP chage, and another person in DF reopens that thread to continue the discussion when the changes made are not longer relevant, that’s opening an older thread for no reason.

But in the terms of something like OCE/NA LFG groups, it’s still relevant since nothing has changed about LFD and I mean nothing since it was put in and maybe it’s about time they do make a change, see, it’s relevant still to the post.

A necro, is still a necro! Regardless of threads topic. It is considered as spam. Even if the post is not off topic.

If you don’t believe me, go over into CS, and ask.

Wrong on every regard. The rules posted on these very forums clearly state only not to do so for no reason, you even quoted the exact part of the rules, yet you clearly do not understand them.

Ok, so now you also go ahead, and call Blizzard wrong with their rules as well.

You do not seem to understand the rules, I even told you to go to CS and ask them. Because they all will tell you the exact same thing that I have mentioned.

And the same rules apply to all over the forums. There is no specific rule that only applies to GD but not anywhere else.

1 Like