Obtaining TBC honor gear

Hi guys, I’ve got a question regarding TBC and PVP gear.
Classic vanilla still has some time left but I was still looking forward to TBC and came up with some doubts, tried looking everywhere and no luck so I gotta come to ask.
How did PVP gear rewards function in TBC?
I don’t remember and maybe I’m confusing TBC and WOTLK a bit here but at some point I remember I could grind non stop for honor and buy a complete set of PVP gear like every single slot right away, but it was the previou season stuff which tended to be roughly 15% I think.

Does anyone remember?
Thanks

you raided for it.

k but seriously you could buy the NON current season stuff with honor and marks and the mounts too.

1 Like

You could buy previous season gear with BG marks (from winning certain BGs) and honor. Rated gear came from arena points which were earned by doing a certain amount of matches (win or lose) each week in a bracket. They had rating requirements all the way up into the 2000s for things like shoulders.

1 Like

TBC was honor as a currency as well as BG marks from specific bgs… You earned it and bought the pieces from a vendor.
The blue pieces of PvP gear were from a vendor as gold but they were all part of reputation quartermasters if I recall correct, so you needed something like revered with the faction to unlock them.

Typically the season gear was easier to acquire for most people.

pvp for pvp gear it’s such a wild concept

4 Likes

What I need to know is which gear was purchasable by honor.
Some friends have told me it was only the blue gear, others say it was only the accessories, but no one is quite sure.

I am certain at some point they let players buy the previous season’s stuff, all of it. The stats were about 15% lower than the next season but it was pretty good stuff.
But I’ve also been told that in TBC they’d only give you gear two seasons behind, so you’d need to wait till season 3 to get season 1 stuff.
It might just be 1 season difference but it really matters a lot.

Towards the end of TBC My Night Elf Hunter ran back-to-back BGs and was in full Merciless gear, including the crossbow and both 1 handed swords. (Purchased with Honour Points.)

Raiders called it ‘Welfare Gear’, and there were calls for it to be removed.

I was so proud of that set, however; my first real Epics, and I worked hard for them.

(This was taken in early Wrath.)

5 Likes

Thanks for the input.
Merciless was season 2 gear, and TBC’s last season was 4.
Does that mean TBC honor PVP gear was 2 seasons behind?
Which I guess means it was only in WOTLK that it became only 1 season behind?
Would seem that way but really appreciate if anyone else could further support this theory.

1 Like

Possibly, I’m sorry, I can’t remember what season it was.

I remember I was able to buy it from the PVP Vendor in SW, and that I never bought the latest gear because I solo-ed and was in a small Guild, and didn’t do Arena.

I thought the gear I bought was one season behind; I can remember looking at the most powerful gear, but still being very happy with the Epics I was able to buy. I had to save for a while before buying the PvP gear, it took months to earn the whole set, trinkets, weapons and all.

Yes, s4 is when s2 gear was made available for honor & marks. s1 gear was available in s3.

Does this help?

And when I was looking through my old screenies I found this gem! Falling through the World in WSG… always fun!

Oh yeah that seems pretty straight forward, case closed I suppose.
Thanks.
For me its a shame to hear this tho, since I would have wanted to PVP with my friends in tbc classic when it inevitably happens. But oof, being 2 seasons behind on gear and having to wait till season 3 to just start getting season 1’s set wouldn’t be much fun.

1 Like

It’s not as hard as it sounds. Just play some arena and battlegrounds. The rating and honor come in time. Get whatever resilience gear you can, especially early on.

My brother and I ran alt warriors in the 2’s bracket. It was a lot of fun, moreso when we won.

Best of luck to you.

to buy best pvp gear person needed 2.2k+ rating in arena.

Back in TBC, you had an honor set, and then you had the gladiator set which required conquest, and a certain rating. When the next season hit, then the rating requirements for the previous gladiator set would be gone and it would require honor.

I was never into the whole arena thing tho and that hasn’t really changed. So it just sounds like we’re out of luck until WOTLK, that must have been where I remember doing battlegrounds for last season’s pvp sets.

Sadly we’re in the same boat, I’ve tried arena on and off it just not my thing. iirc the power gap isn’t that big compare to retail now I guess it is fine but who knows, things might be different.