Obtaining Essences for Heart of Azeroth

I have been grinding BFA pathfinder and during the course of this I have unlocked a secondary slot for essence on heart of azeroth but I have no other essences. It was my understanding I would earn an essence doing The Stuff That Dreams are made of but there was nothing for me at the forge. So I am asking the community: What is the easiest way to obtain a second essence?? The notification box constantly pops up on my character button that I have an available essence. How do I get that to stop notifying me??

3 Likes

The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of leads to an upgrade of the first essence (the dragon aspect essence), not a new essence. You can buy essences from the Nazjatar faction and from Mechagon, I believe. You can also get one from a quest that involves running Eternal Palace, and I think there’s one for PVP.
=============edit===================
yeah, the various essences seem to be sourced by activities:

• magni’s questline gets Crucible of Flame
  • defeating king mechagon gets Vision of Perfection
  • doing island expeditions gets Worldvein Resonance
  • warmode kills in nazjatar gets Ripple in Space
  • getting one of the allies in nazjatar to rank 3 gets Memory of Lucid Dreams
  • 500 conquest and a weekly war chest gets Conflict and Strife

and then there’s more by role. For DPS (since you’re enhance)

• honored nazjatar rep lets you buy The Unbound Force
  • honored mechagon reputation lets you buy Purification Protocol
  • do storming the battlefields (pvp island, regular battleground, epic battleground) for Blood of the Enemy
  • complete a M+4 to get Essence of the Focusing Iris
  • combine aqueous reliquary from eternal palace (one boss per LFR wing, non-LFR it drops from the same boss but you get more) for Condensed Life-Force

Wowhead estimates that the best ones for enhance shaman are Condensed Life Force, Blood of the Enemy, Crucible of Flame, or Essence of the focusing iris

6 Likes

Thanks for this. I’m still unsure which would be the ‘easiest’ or quickest to obtain. Also… I guess I kind of screwed myself because I didn’t spec back to enhance before the quest turn in so now I have rank two of a resto essence–which I don’t have rank 1. Oh well. Do you think the Island Expo might be best to try for next?

I had a post asking for a UI solution to the same problem.

hidetalentalert addon helped me (but I totally understand if Addons arent your thing, I was against using them for years).

My second Essence on my BM Hunter was “Memory of Lucid Dreams” But I didn’t get it for at least few days after the 2nd slot unlocked. My third is The Unbound Force but that came after several days of dailies. Might have been a week or more before I filled that second slot (I have a horrible sense of the passage of time).

2 Likes

<3 you for this. THANK YOU!

A vendor for essences are available from an NPC standing next to the Nazjatar Innkeeper. Need to be Honored. Mechagon has a vendor Robot. Must be Honored. That’s how I solved my problem with the popup notification. Also just got today an essence from a Nazjatar quest.

1 Like

to remove the notification, I used bartender4 and moved the Micro Menu to the top edge of the screen. Now the notification is off-screen.