Observations from leading AV for Alliance in the past 2 weeks

I would love if they reduced the rep you get from farming druids, and increase the rep you get from actually winning the BG. Then suddenly people would care and while the horde might still win the majority of the BG, the win rate for alliance would go up massively

1 Like

It’s a good strategy if you can be nimble and balance the amount of people between defending SH and assaulting a more southern GY. There’s a bit of luck involved there for sure, you have to get the timing on GY rezzes just right and hopefully not have the horde realize what’s going on until it’s too late. You also have to be prepared for a full-on pullback to defense on the horde’s part.

So, basically, it’s much more risky to do than what the horde does which is sit just south of SH and farm until they get the ice lord. A real no-brainer and no-risk strategy which is why it works so well. If the initial clash was further south it wouldn’t be so easy to pull off.

2 Likes

The main problem I see is that the alliance refuse to leave SH GY, even if they’re winning the fight. They’ll break us over and over and never push up, never take SF GY, never even attempt to assault IBGY.

You can’t win every slug-fest, but even when you do you don’t try to capitalize. This video shows the Allies play very strongly for a good win. I wish the alliance put up a good fight like this more often.

1 Like

I’ve been in those fights. People do try to leave SHGY but are blocked before being able to get south. If you get a force to go far west or east then the horde pivot and block you before you can make it too far. You need a ton of people to make a concerted effort to break through, which rarely works because the other side can do the same thing.

It’s certainly worth trying, if you get the timing right and aren’t noticed then you can make it to a GY, attack it, and set up to defend it. However, you need a very large force to hold most points and you risk losing SHGY while you do this because you’ve depleted the defense there.

As I said, it’s a much more risky strategy than simply turtling just south of SHGY. It’s worth trying but with a BG full of random people the risky strategy often just doesn’t work.

You need to push us off of SH and then roll us back across the field of strife all the way to IBGY. Once you have us there, if horde attempt to run past you to SH GY then taking IB GY will be extremely easy and then you can send a team back to clean us up from SH while you hold IB GY. If horde instead try to hold the IB choke, then you may need SF GY in order to push through and cap IBGY (You should be capping SF either way, you just might not be able to push through to IB GY without it fully capped if horde defend IB GY with their full force).

Either way, once you have IB GY you can utilize the TP area as a choke point and never let any horde past, same as horde do at Icewing. From there winning should just be a matter of time. But it’s extremely important you don’t let us have any GYs behind you.

IF the advice was actually useful. In a perfect ranker vs ranker AV the absolute best the alliance could do is pull off a 20% winrate. Nothing you can do will change that unless blizzard fixes the map which they won’t. So anytime Horde comes up with such brilliant strategies as “just cap fw” or “just do objectives” you can tell they have no idea why they win and assume they are just superior pvpers.

Prepared specifically is the worst offender for this. He’s a guy who has 40 accounts that he multiboxes because he’s trash at the game.

How big is your mana bar exactly?

Strats like this are hot garbage. You cannot expect a pug alliance team to outplay the horde roughly 3x in order to win.

At best we have to fight your entire team 3 times in order to just reach IBGY and contest it. Then if we outplay you we have to actually hold IBGY AND SH. If we lose SH we res at stormpike 10 at a time roughly 2 minutes away from IBGY.

In comparison if you lose IBGY you res 20 at a time in the cave 15 seconds away. You have to be outplayed for 5 minutes with limited resources. Even if we still have SH we res 10 at a time much further away then your 20 at a time at the cave.

Giving advice w/o even being able to acknowledge the difference in what Alliance have to do vs what Horde have to do is worthless.

4 Likes

Not going to happen. Generally, horde get SFGY because they reach the northernmost ramp at the same time as alliance. Then if they die in the field they rez at two points, depending on where they die: IBGY or SFGY. This means they rez up to 20 at a time to the alliance’s 10 at a time.

The best chance that alliance has is to make a run around horde forces and take one of those GY. Then the rezzes are even as long as that GY is held. Once it caps the rezzes swing to alliance and they can push.

A very tall order and risky, as I’ve said.

Strats like this are how you win. Why can this alliance PUG do it and you can’t?

Answer: because instead of actually try, you’d rather cry on the forums.

1 Like

I shared you a video where it does, in fact, happen.

1 Like

It’s like you didn’t even read my post.
I never said winning was impossible, it’s just unlikely.

You have to completely outplay the horde by a metric mile. Your team has to be at least 3x better then the Horde you’re playing against. In an even situation you have a 80% loss rate.

3 Likes

That’s really not true. You are vastly overstating the advantage IB confers the horde over SH.

It’s miles better. If you cannot see that ressing 20x in a cave 15seconds away is better then ressing 10 at a time a full minute away I don’t know what to tell you.

3 Likes

Since when do GYs have a limit on how many people can rez at a time? Where are you getting this 10 at a time vs 20 at a time nonsense?

Graveyards can only res 10 people at a time. The cave has 2 spirit ressers and can res 20 at a time.

4 Likes

Yawn. Bye.

But once you have IB GY contested, the hard part is done my dude. If horde are rezzing at the cave you’ve already got them bottled up at TP. Once IB fully caps you should have an easy time breaking their turtle with Ivus or ram riders if you really need them.

I’m going to explain this one last time in hopes you can understand.

1. Alliance have to both Hold SH AND IBGY in order to win.
  • If we lose SH we res up at stormpike which is 2 minutes away from IBGY, you res 20 at a time in the cave 15seconds away and easily retake it and now we’re stuck north
  1. Horde ONLY have to take SH and not defend IBGY.
  • If the horde take SH they can slowly break apart the remaining alliance at IBGY by throwing bodies at them from the cave.

GY Comparisons.
IBGY - 1 completely uncontested drop off the back to flank or get back into the fight. 1 small choke guarded by a tower that keeps you in combat so you can’t drink.

SHGY - 2 different routes to assault. If you die and res here you get put into a bottleneck with no optional exit. Oddly enough this GY is amazing, amazing if you’re Horde because it’s positioned south of the Icewing choke point making it nearly impossible for alliance to ride through.

4 Likes

Horde only have to assault SH GY and not defend IB GY because alliance never bother to attack IB GY. I haven’t seen them even try in a single game. They just sit on SH GY the entire game and rep farm. If you actually sent people to IB GY and/or SF GY, we would have to defend them.

Yeah, I get it, IB GY has a dropoff into the field of strife, but if they’re dropping off there that means they aren’t defending the IB choke so capping IB GY is easy at that point.

SH GY does provide us a rezpoint to try to bottle you at IWB, just like IB GY provides you a rez point to bottle us at TP. The IWB choke is a good distance from the SH GY rez spot though, you can push through and then ride towards SF.