Observations from leading AV for Alliance in the past 2 weeks

Can you just leave the wow forums please.
You’re a multiboxing trashcan trying to “help” Alliance win AV. Your concept of pvp is to buy 40 accounts because you can’t win 1v1.

It’s not happening, alliance are not going to come back, and all of your “advice” is literal trash. You have no idea at all how to win AV as alliance.

You mean that Blizz moving a starting point back because they had YEARS or data showing that it was stupidly broken and gave the horde a MASSIVE advantage is not evidence that it was broken?

ok troll…

3 Likes

This is true. AND how it was in vanilla. I really can’t believe how few people point this out.

It’s why we never see the legendary alliance bridge defense in classic.

1 Like

Exactly right. Shouldn’t be this way.

1 Like

FW isn’t that far from IB either. That particular spawn point isn’t the primary problem, and it’s rare the 20 player spawn deal comes into play.

and i dont disagree but i feel like having 2 root breaks means im significantly more likely to kill a frost mage

All that would happen is like a rogue, mage is king at resetting vs a melee.

Anytime something isn’t my way, resheep.

Nope. Geared Alliance players do show up on AV weekend. It helps, but not much.

2 Likes

Sometimes you can sneak in a Galv rush and kill him before Horde reacts. I have also seen FW GY cap while holding SH win too.

1 Like

Geared alliance groups joining games during AV weekend probably pushes the alliance win rate to around 15%.

A lot better than 1-2%, but nowhere near balanced.

2 Likes

Not a fair comparison because i can regularly beat ice mages on my rogue if im prep specced.

I love that every time someone tries to give advice on how to actually win AV as alliance, the response is just to instantly flame the person and not even bother to consider the flawed strategy that has led to your 1% win rate and possible alternatives.

Stay mad, stay bad I guess.

Yeah I played during vanilla and can confirm you did NOT spawn at the cave unless you controlled no GYs (EDIT: am I misremembering this?). If horde (or alliance) are spawning at their cave while they control a GY, that’s a bug and should be fixed. Has this particular issue actually been brought to Blizzard’s attention? And no, I don’t mean the generic crying “blizzard fix horde always winning AV!!!” posts; I mean an actual post to the bug forums focusing on this issue? (EDIT: I have made a bug post now.)

FURTHER EDIT: Are you sure we are not mis-remembering how AV respawn worked in 2006? I spent some time scouring for video evidence of whether or not players could respawn at the cave while their team owned a GY. The closest I could find was this:

Notice at 7:02 the player shows his map. Alliance own SF and all GYs south, yet there are many alliance players in the alliance cave, presumably ones that are dying trying to defend Van. It’s possible they are cave afkers, but I see NO alliance on the map at SF GY, which is where we would expect them to be if they were dying at van and our theory about cave spawns is correct.

1 Like

Just a point of order, recalling returns people to Drek’s keep, not to the cave.

If the alliance crossed midfield in more than 20% of the matches, I’d give your argument that the cave is closer to IBGY some merit - but they don’t, so I won’t.

There are places on the map that are advantageous for either faction. The Horde doesn’t have to total choke point in to Frostwolf that Alliance has in to Dun Baldar; nor do we have a cave spawn that gives us the high ground to drop and nuke a GY; the choke at IBGY is easier to contain than the choke at IWB.

There are plenty of places the map gives the edge to the Alliance - the Alliance just fails to push far enough for the offensive ones to matter 90% of games.

1 Like

Because I don’t subscribe to Alliance victimhood with regard to AV? Newsflash, not everyone agrees with you.

:cactus:

Anyone here able to provide video evidence that you would always spawn at a GY and never in your cave unless your team controlled zero GYs? I made a bug report about it but couldn’t find any videos to support the claim. Instead I found a video that seems to contradict the claim, linked above. If this is a bug, people should be focusing on proving it so that Blizz will actually fix it. I’ve spent the last hour sifting through grainy old videos from 2006 and can’t find one where it shows someone dying closer to the cave than an active GY but being sent to a GY instead. Someone else’s turn to investigate IMO.

1 Like

As far as i can remember you always spawned at your nearest GY whether cave or not. It would be incredibly illogical if you were defending and died at van and get spawned at SFGY. It would make defending impossible.

I called you a troll, then you put words in my mouth and make things up. A special one you are.

Which is actual trolling.

Asking a question isn’t putting words in your mouth. But continue playing the victim.

:cactus:

I clearly remember epic bridge defenses by the Alliance after we broke SP GY, which seem like they would be impossible if they all get sent to their cave when they die in SP GY as we flip it instead of getting sent to their AS. I also remember when the Alliance were pushing into the Horde base, making attempt after attempt leaving our base through the side gate and rushing FW GY from the back, only to be sent to the RH again. I would have been sent to the cave if there was no preference for actual GYs.

Maybe it was more complicated than that? Maybe it would prefer only “home turf” GYs over the cave, but not offensive GYs over the cave. Anyway I put in a bug report so it should at least be on Blizzard’s radar now, but it would be really helpful to actually have some evidence. Unfortunately every pvp video I can find from that era only shows the player pwning the noobz and never shows the player die, because who shows themselves die and go to a GY in their own pvp allstar video?

1 Like