Objects/Buildings Flashing?

I experienced this just recently in the MoP PvP vendor room (Alliance side, if it matters) - the vendors just strobed eratically until I could get my camera to point at just the right pixel - then I’d be able to click on them before they inevitably started to flicker again.

Really strange. I noticed it at the beginning of this expansion as well, primarily within Revendreth. Not an issue I see in any other game, but I have to mirror the sentiments of other Nvidia users - it probably had something to do with both their drivers, and Blizzard’s game.

Here’s hoping one or both of them do something about it. It’s not game-breaking, but incredibly annoying at best, and causes serious eyestrain at worst.

I occasionally get flashing but more often will get dimming. So it suddenly looks like dusk everywhere. I’m not sure what’s causing that.

Yeah that’ll do it. But with some tweaking I had to only drop two settings down 1 level from the highest, to mostly fix it. Shadows was 1 (you’ve jogged my memory) but there was also another I can’t remember.

1 Like

Heck, I forgot to mention, switching from DirectX 12 to DirectX 11 solved at least some of the flickering for me.

So if you haven’t tried that yet, do it. You’ll lose a bit of FPS, but being able to see (in some areas) is a decent tradeoff.

Only fix I found was returning to DirectX11, however, DX11 also reduces my FPS by about 20 frames.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/main-thread-nvidia-460xx-driver-flickering/766732/176
And formatted correctly:

1 Like

This first became an issue when the 460.xx nvidia drivers came out. I rolled back to 457.51 and haven’t updated since, because it works.

You can find older drivers here (457.51 is the one you want):
https:// www. nvidia .com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us (remove the spaces)

This may not be required/important, but I would do a custom install and select “Perform a clean installation” (this will delete any custom settings and profiles, so you’ll have to redo those).

Enjoy WoW without flickering textures/shadows.

Edit: Teufelgott beat me to it

1 Like

Clickable link:

thx for posting.
May do that if it persists enough to be annoying.

I have this issue too, only in Ardenweald for some reason. Had it for a month.

Try rolling back your drivers to a previous version.

This was happening to me like a month ago and that solved it

I have the exact same issue and also have a 2070. It’s quite frustrating, because my computer runs the game at max settings with 60+ fps and no other issues…

Looks like reverting to an older driver fixes it (just saw those posts). Is that going to have negative impacts on other games/things?

New drivers are normally just performance stuff for new games
i am using last years driver still for my 1060 and don’t plan to update it any time soon

1 Like

This issue started some point in the last week or so for me, my drivers are up to date, so I’m inclined to think something broke in the last wow update. I’ve tried tinkering with my settings in game but nothing seems to help all that much. I have a GeForce GTX 1060 fwiw

Lately, I’ve been having the issue where some NPCs an enemies are completely invisible and uninteractable to me, but not to the people around me/my party members. It was bizarre just standing there in Magister’s Terrace while my party members fought air…

i also got a 1060 6gb i am using the 461.40 drivers just look that ver up should be able to find it some where and see if it helps

It’s an nvidia problem that’s been going on for awhile, like someone said earlier in the thread, back up to the last 457 version and it will be gone.

Msi 1060 gtx 6gb here and i’ve been experiencing the flickering since my last driver update a week ago. Never happened to me before that though.

It’s the Nvidia driver. They pushed one in December for Cyberpunk, and there were a ton of people with flickering issues in other games because of it, Warcraft included. Rolling it back solves the issue.

So we can blame cyberpunk for more things? haha, jk

1 Like