Nvidia quietly releases gt 1010 during a gpu shortage

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-answer-to-gpu-shortage-geforce-gt-1010

Yes Nvidia I’m sure this will solve the gpu shortage, very nice! /S

2 Likes

it handles Cyberpunk 2077 @ 4k, you just download the images one at a time.

Is a Pascal replacement for the aging (and probably low availability) kepler GT710 that’s been used frequently as a video out for non-gaming systems.

It’s nothing really noteworthy imo. Not affecting any other products, just getting rid of old stock, and just gives SI’s the ability to sell non-gaming systems without integrated graphics.

In a way this helps reduce load on OEMs using actual GPUs and competing for stock on GPUs you do care about.

I’d be more upset about the rerelease of the RTX 2060 at full price than this, as that’s clearly aimed at gamers.

1 Like

Should this be faster than the handicapped GT 1030 DDR3(correction: DDR4) version?

Iirc that was DDR4 (not that it makes it any better) but again not really useful as a gaming GPU anyway.

Were you all hoping for other, more useful applications of Pascal instead of this (lol)? Or just looking for something to complain about?

Because pascal doesn’t really have any useful place in gaming anymore anyway, so it’s just complaining about a product that’s not meant for you.

Last year’s performance for this years prices? Nothing wrong with that /s
I would be more upset if it wasn’t for the fact the cards won’t be in stock unless you go to ebay and pay more than double that of their MSRP price.

It should considering it will have have GDDR5 RAM but really it’s nothing more than a HTPC video card.

1 Like

It’s hard to be excited about any releases knowing they will all be pretty much unavailable indefinitely unless you are very lucky.

You’re right, slight typo from me, fixed :).

The GT 1030 DDR5 isn’t too bad for more basic games, but the 1030 DDR4 is pretty bad. It’d be funny if the 1010 is faster than the 1030 DDR4, of which the memory speed was the main limiting factor for the 1030.

The 1010 may be slower than some of recent integrated graphics available/coming out around now.

Imagine trying to start drama about Nvidia with a thread on GT 1010’s

But remember, AMD is perfect snowflake

2 Likes

The green knight in shiny armor comes to Nvidia’s rescue!

Ignoring the fact that there’s a gpu shortage and this card shouldn’t exist, but not to worry, Griefs’ here to save the day

This is like Johnson & Johnson releasing upgraded bandages and you complaining they should be ramping up vaccines instead.

Want to complain about the 20-series rerelease at the same price? I’ll grab us both a beer. That’s something we can drink to.

1 Like

You’re really stretching there. I’ll speak for everyone else and say, “Nobody cares.” If anyone other than you disagrees I’m sure they’ll speak up.

2 Likes

Johnson & Johnson are ready to ramp up the vaccines, US regulations are taking their sweet time to approve it.

Point is this card shouldn’t exist, least not now, stock shortage should have been addressed instead

Lol the point was that Band-Aids have nothing to do with vaccines

Just like how server/budget office video cards with stockpiled last-last gen chips being produced by AIBs with old, stockpiled last-last gen memory chips while waiting for new ampere and GDDR6/x to be manufactured by another company has nothing to do with current gen gpus.

I know it sounds crazy, but corporations tend to be able to manage multiple projects at once.

Is it bad for optics to release crappy cards nobody wants on a shortage? Maybe. But maybe that’s why it was quietly released and is an OEM part.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-dg1-compatibility

Guess there’s another good reason for the GT 1010 to exist :thinking:

After all, it’s not like AMD has many modern APUs or low-end GPUs for SI’s to put into entry level systems.

The more the merrier for the consumer (it’s also just going to the oems). Now we just need 3dfx to rise from the Nvidia ashes and get spun off as a separate company once more!

I miss 3dfx.

Had dual Voodoo2 12mb cards. It was amazing running Glide at 800x600 (which you needed 2 cards in SLI to do, in addition to your dedicated 2d graphics card.)

1 Like