Nvidia flickering and seizures

Ever since this latest Nvidia driver update, ive been having horrible flickering of in game textures. I have a history of seizures and i am concerned. Nothing i do seems to help to stop the flickering. Theres also this odd lingering ghosting like effect in certain shadowlands zones, especially Maldraxxus. Like ill see almost like a mirror effect, hard to explain.

i7-7700k
EVGA 2070 Super
16gb RAM
SSD

Anyone please have any real game settings or alterations to Nvidia software to assist?

6 Likes

I have seen this as well.

Turn shadows to low and maybe also set the game to DirectX 11 instead of 12.
The shadows to low thing mostly fixed for me and I’ve seen people commenting on the DX11 fixing for them.
Alternatively you can revert back to the older drives that will also fix it

Also having the same issue. 2080 Super on one computer, and 1660 Ti on another, both experiencing it. One of my friends with an NVIDIA card is encountering it as well.

Attempted shadow changes and it just made different textures flicker.

DX11 looks way off too. Not sure why, but the level of detail drops off a cliff when I swap to 11.

As posted in the much longer thread about the 460.79 drivers, the answer it to roll back to a previous version of the drivers.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/nvidia-46079-drivers/766732?u=zungar-silver-hand

While that will work it’s not a solution for anybody that wants their computer to be more than a WoW playing machine.
Switching to DX11 and turning shadows to low fixed it for me and I find that to be much less intrusive than having to switch drivers every time I want to play Cyberpunk.

Just want you to know that i’m experiencing the same issue ever since updating to the latest 460.79 drivers. GTX 1070 here.

It’s not just you, idk who to blame here, nvidia or blizz but it is getting tiresome spending hundreds of dollars on computer hardware and still having to experience stuff like this every expansion.

I guess the only solution here is to rollback our drivers to the latest version before 460.79.

Gotta love nvidia

Thanks for the replies, glad its not my hardware failing. I understand things can go wrong with updates but it sucks when everything was going so smoothly for a good while.

1 Like

Whoops, i meant to post this with my 60 Hunter and not my druid.

Hmm, why is it showing me as level 50?

Switching off Triple Buffering fixes it for me, and then I can turn it back on and everything is fine, at least temporarily. It’s a little quicker of a temporary fix than restarting the whole game. Doing this also seems to have permanently fixed the broken skybox problem I was seeing in Arathi, Darkshore, and Bastion.

1 Like

I have been having the exact same issue, just more severe since the Cyberpunk driver was released. Finding this thread today, I tried switching to DX 11 in the game settings and so far, the issue seems to be resolved.

https://youtu.be/_KxeDdt_7HI

I have switched it to DX11.
I have adjusted Shadows.
I have changed my settings.
I have updated and back-dated drivers (which was a pain because Windows 10 refuses to let you do ANYTHING as far as reverting to prior stuff, that was a migraine and a half to sort out).
I have switched from auto-detect and back again.

Nothing is helping. The video above used to be just in Ardenweald, with only a few instances in other Shadowlands zones.
Now? It’s in all Shadowlands zones. Nowhere else, just Shadowlands. I go to SW, or Orgrimmar, or anywhere else? No screen flickers, nothing. Everything is fine and gorgeous. The second I go to SLs? We end up back at square one.

I’ve even adjusted it in Interface>Accessibility, in order to try and see if that fixes it. Having these screenflickers on the scale that they currently are, leaves me with a migraine every time I finish my gaming time (and restricts what I can handle as far as Shadowlands content).

I feel for anyone who gets seizures, who plays while this is like this and is experiencing this issue. It’s a nightmare for me, and it only gives me migraines.

Help, Blizz. I have no idea what else to do, to fix this.

1 Like

I am having the same issues on a GTX 1060-3gb. This issue only started popping up recently.

https://youtu.be/jXzeGMWnAuk

I had the same issues as your video, but some locations I get errors like the video I just posted.

Though I just noticed a new driver update from the GeForce Experience app, and that seems to have fixed it for me.

1 Like

Hello,

We’re aware of a flickering issue in WoW that started after upgrading to Nvidia driver version 460.79 or newer. The issue should not occur on driver version 457.51 or older.

It has been reported to Nvidia and they are working with our WoW team to get it resolved. For any new reports, please join the discussion in the main thread here:

[Main thread] Nvidia 460.xx driver flickering

2 Likes