NVIDIA Driver Updates BSOD due to Battle.net Client

For the past 2 NVIDIA driver updates done through the GeForce Experience app, I’ve received a Windows 11 BSOD right at the very end of the driver install. Restarting my machine shows the installation was successful, but with an odd after effect: my Battle.net client is logged out completely and non of my installed games are registered.

This has me suspect there’s some type of conflict happening with the client and the driver install when it’s finishing the install process. This same exact behavior has happened twice already, with me forcing to reboot my machine, only to find that Battle.net needs me to re-authenticate and search for all of my installed games.

This is outrageously annoying. Fortunately, this only happens about once a month, but nevertheless it seems to be a reoccurring issue.

Happening with the Battle.net beta client currently. Haven’t tried with the production version. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue.

Edit: After looking at the client after this morning’s BSOD, it appears the Battle.net client also wiped out all of my custom settings for downloads and games and reverted back to the non-beta client version.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.