Nvidia 465.89 broke WOW and FFXIV

it broke wow, it either makes the game flicker like crazy especially ardenweald or it dc spams you.
It also broke FFXIV teleporting with the aether system closes ur game same with being in the character creation menu

2 Likes

So post on the nvidia forums.

1 Like

There are loads of posts on the nvidia forums with the last few drivers and wow. I am having loads of trouble identifying and fixing the frame stutter. There are loads of posts on it, loads of answers… but they seem to work for a few days then return… regardless of what I do.

its a WoW problem as well since they have deals with nvidia or did u forget already plus since it worked now it dont work something blizz needs to fix as well or blizz needs to call up nvidia

1 Like

Not everyone is experiencing it, so it doesn’t seem likely to be a WoW problem. Regardless of their business dealings, if an update to a driver happened and now the game runs poorly, it’s easy to identify the source of the problem is the driver.

Not to mention that Nvidia has already claimed responsibility for the driver issue with WoW and haven’t fixed it yet since December when the problem first started happening.

4 Likes

Blizzard is working with Nvidia, but the onus is on Nvidia since it’s their driver development after 460.xx that causes this.

From the most recent Nvidia driver announcement:

BTW, this is the main thread on the topic. If Blizzard employees have anything to say, it will probably be in this one.

beyond that, they have had issues with frame stutter for 6 year on WOW and few other games and never fixed that either…

1 Like

There are so many different system setups. Just because there are threads of people complaining about a stutter (either here or on nVidia’s site) over a long period, doesn’t mean it’s related to the same issue. They may have (just to name a few):

• overheating
  • 20 apps loading at startup/low RAM
  • low space on drive causing decreased performance
  • bad power supply
  • latency issues causing missing frames
  • etc.

P.S. I responded to your other thread.

I’d be curious to know if/how anyone has gotten this driver to work without wow flickering. I’d like to update to it, but the flickering situation (which has been present for me to one degree or another) is awful for me to the point of the game being practically unplayable for all drivers after 457.51, which is why I’m still running that driver. I’ve tried half a dozen of them since then and they’re all pretty awful for WoW. I keep hoping Nvidia will fix this, especially now that they’re saying they’re working with Blizz on the issue, but it’s literally been more than six months since the 3000 series launched, and every week that goes by where this issue isn’t fixed kind of stupefies me. Not saying it’s Blizz’s fault at all, but I would like to know if anyone’s getting it to work better with certain settings (either through the Nvidia control panel or through the in-game settings) or whatnot. I didn’t have any luck asking about this on the Nvidia forums so figured I’d bump this thread and see if anyone has anything to add.

So my old system had flickering issues with the latest Nvidia drivers but my new system has been flicker-free unless I enable ray tracing. For whatever reason, ray tracing introduces flickering so I just leave it off.

Old system:
i7 4790k
GTX 1080ti
32gb ram

New system:
AMD 5950x
RTX 3090
128gb ram

Both used the same display, LG CX 48" OLED but gsync was disabled and fps was capped to 60 on the 1080ti due to hdmi limitation, the new system can run gsync and 120 fps.

Again, I only seem to notice flickering if any form of ray tracing is enabled. Settings maxed.