NPC's that Change Based on your Character

I have two examples of this.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Anarys_Lunastre

Anarys is the same gender as the player. You use them to create your Nightborne disguise in Suramar.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Uncrowned_Peacekeeper

Uncrowned Peackeepers are also the same race as your character.

So this is a cool mechanic. Does anyone know of any other npc’s like this. Obviously, npc’s like this probably won’t be featured much.

3 Likes

Well, there is also the most obvious “alternate timeline you” that appear in the primalist future in Valdrakken and also in the caverns of time.

5 Likes

If you took her down in the Burning Crusade raid, Vashj compliments you on managing it when you meet her in Maldraxxus.

There are a couple of NPCs that address you by your earned PVP rank if you have any.

5 Likes

Also Dragonblight for the two quests from Chromie. Those being future then past you.

Xe’ra also has different dialogue leading to and after the quest where you play as Illidan for a reenactment of his encounter. Those being

Non-DH, killed Illidan on character
Non-DH, haven’t killed Illidan on character
DH (same regardless if you killed him on character).

Neither of those change appearance based on your toon.

They change dialogue though.

1 Like

Not what the thread is about though. :stuck_out_tongue:

A change in dialogue is still a change.

1 Like

Still not what the thread is about :+1:

The thread is about change.

It didn’t restrict itself as to what type of change.

1 Like

The OP literally states a couple NPCs that change their race depending on the on you happen to be playing

But continue posting things irrelevant to the threads you’re in. Seems to be your thing anyway

in fairness, the “how” of the change was ambiguous based on the original post. i don’t think drahliana’s first read of the question was, like, the wrong one; op clarified only later what he meant

3 Likes

Suppose that is fair. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I could see how it could be ambiguous. Perhaps it should’ve said “Change based on your character’s characteristics,” but I thought that was too long-winded.

1 Like

yeh, not tryna be combative, i just get the sense that drah wasn’t trying to be difficult. honestly, considering how badly the rpg elements of this “mmorpg” are implemented, even dialogue changes to reflect one’s character seem few and far between, so i thought they were fair game too

1 Like

nah, honestly, my experience with the forums so far is that being as literal and detailed as possible is often a good vibe; i feel like there’s a diff between being long-winded and being meticulous, y’know?

No worries bud. I’m just tired and a little combative about certain stuff for no reason

Sorry about it

2 Likes

Would NPCs whose attitude and dialog change based on the Player Character count for this?

Sylvanas Loyalist Horde players get a unique interaction long after BFA ended, as Sylvanas acknowledges them as the closest thing she has to true friends after everything a part of herself had done.

Already mentioned is Xera commenting on whether or not the player had ever beaten Illidan before. I forgot I had done the raid years ago, until she reminded me.

I’m talking about npc’s themselves changing, not their dialogue. Otherwise the thread would be impossible to fill.