NPC Sound Dialog Stopped Working

NPC voice dialog just suddenly stopped working. I tried disabling and enabling the sound in the options, but it still doesn’t work. Restarting the game did not work. I don’t have any add-ons installed. It affects both my characters. I saw mention of this being related to dungeons, but I was on a new character that has never visited a dungeon when the NPC sound dialog stopped working. Other environmental sounds and music are working.

Update: I performed a User Interface Reset and it resolved the issue. Apparently, some of the game files must have gotten corrupted.

1 Like

I’ve been having this issues since 10.07. exiting out of Battlenet and restarting the game fixes it, for about ten minutes.

Certain kinds of “chatty NPCs” like Drakonid children and ducks can permanently break on-click NPC dialogue until you relaunch the game. Make sure to avoid clicking on them whenever possible if you value working on-click dialogue.

Occasionally the issue relating to Drakonid children and ducks can correct itself without a relaunch IIRC.

Not sure if your problem has anything to do with Drakonid children and ducks, though.

For me it happens pretty much wherever I am. Dialog works for about 10-15 minutes then cuts out. My character voice still works though, which is strange.

I also didn’t have this problem in shadowlands with the same high end PC. That leads me to believe it’s on their side.

@Ammalane, @Albricksen, did you both try to reset your WoW User Interface? I haven’t had any additional problems since I reset mine.