Now that the dust has settled, is BfA worse than WoD?

WoD was more fun in the first half of the expansion, BfA put in the boring intense grind right at the start of allied races…

What exactly was intense?

I never went out of my way to grind for allied races once, and yet still was easily able to get them unlocked.

3 Likes

I honestly think that every couple expansions have gone through a cycle since wotlk. Wotlk was really good, then cat was meh, then mop was good (at least the end was), then WoD was really bad, then legion was really good. I don’t know if bfa fits in the pattern or if it is an exception.

On a side note, I will only decide wether too keep playing or not after I get the deathwing mount

1 Like

WotLK was not good start to finish. It definitely had low periods.

2 Likes

No. /10 chars

No, game is fine. Maybe you need a break.

1 Like

I’ve heard that it was one of the best expacs over all

1 Like

Sure. Because people also look at WotLK as a whole and forget how horrible certain aspects were.

ICC super time gated?

ToC one of the worst raid zones I’ve seen?

WotLK also started to introduce aspects that many consider the “downfall of WoW”

2 Likes

It was also possibly the point that WoW was at it’s most popular.

Then they just kept breaking things and “Fixing” things that weren’t broken, and it went all downhill from there.

3 Likes

Despite the content is still bad, island expeditions are completely unrewarding, things are still broken and will never be fixed, WQ is a chore, AP Grinding and Azerite Traits all still being broken, and much much more…

BfA is 10x worse than WoD!

9 Likes

I wish I could down vote you. How is the dust even remotely settled when 8.2 hasn’t even released???!!!

2 Likes

cough cough god cough so much cough salt in this thread, it’s hard to breathe.

BfA is an amazing expansion that millions upon millions of players are enjoying. WoD was an empty expansion with very little to do. We have so much to do in BfA that it’s nearly impossible to even play alts. Class design is superb, we never needed 40 keybinds.

2 Likes

Unlocking your garrison buildings were a chore, and often completely unrewarding, garrison invasions were unrewarding, collecting apexis was a chore, zones were completely empty, and much much more. We even had a major patch that the defining feature was the SELFIE camera.

WoD is 10x worse than BFA.

8 Likes

Oh my god, I completely forgot about that… uuuuugh.

3 Likes

Bfa proves how vital story and class design are to wows health. With all the faults wod had, the story and especially class design were far superior.
Personally I didn’t unsub from wod until deep into the content drought when my guild stopped raiding.

In bfa? 5 days left. Might try 8.2.

6 Likes
  • I didn’t contemplate unsubbing in WoD.
  • My guild was still alive in WoD.
  • My classes didn’t feel like they played with iOS complexity.
  • I didn’t hate running most of the dungeons because they weren’t filled with needless mobs and utility to feed into the M+/esport craze.
  • Gearing and progression were equal (for the most part) to time played/effort put in and the only real roll of the dice was your bonus roll in raids.
  • I wasn’t chasing one (or soon to be two) grinds to upgrade a piece of equipment that is going to be irrelevant for the second expac in a row.
  • I had tier sets and class mogs instead of azerite gear and generic look by fabric type.

Yes. I’m going to say WoD was better than BfA.

10 Likes

I am stating my own opinion.

And yes, I do agree, the garrisons were the worst part about WoD, but outside garrisons, everything still felt good.

We had PVP Vendors, our classes still felt pretty good, we had Multistrike, the expansion made a lot of sense story wise, (just a pitty most of the story was left out because the Devs decided to give up on the expansion before it could really shine), and hey, we still had class tier sets and didn’t end up with this bull***t Azerite Armor.

I’ll put it this way, Quality =/= Quantity.

2 Likes

Too early to tell. Ask me again in six months, then I’ll have enough information to make a useful decision.

So far I’m leaning towards BfA>WoD.

1 Like

The xpac isnt finished yet. That being said lets see if they do a wod and cut it short after the coming patch.

Legion didnt start being well received till after the artifacts unlocked.

1 Like

I quit in WoD because there was nothing to do.

At some point there has to be SOME quantity.

No M+. No WQ. No reason to log on.

2 Likes