Now that I've been a victim of the daily 30 instance limit

It’s really frustrating. I was farming cloth in Stockades, and 5 resets takes me about 20 minutes. So in the end, with taking breaks inbetween, I was playing less than I wasn’t. After 6 hours I hit the hard cap and learned that it all doesn’t reset with the daily server reset. I literally have to wait a whole 24 hours before doing another instance on this character.

This limit either needs to be removed or raised. If I can casually hit it within a few hours, 30 isn’t enough.

5 Likes

Make another character, getting to level 35 mage is easy and you can grind more, sell carries in Stocks, people will PAY Gold! and you keep all the vendor trash.

Now you are double dipping, and if that’s not enough you make yet another 35 mage.

GG you win!

3 Likes

You can also consider bigger instances like Deadmines, its all humanoids, and they drop quite a lot of linen and wool cloth, basically what you are getting from stocks, and there is more of it per hr because of standard per hr reset. Now with the 30 hard cap, it may actually work out quite a bit better.

Give it a go, and you will find you can sell the stocks runs for gold too!

When you hit hard cap, go to the mountains above Redridge, kill the gnoles, then go up to the orc camps, kill them too, just do a big circuit. For what you are doing the world NPC’s will actually work out really well.

You will literally never out of NPC’s if you put your head too it.

1 Like

You can’t. Im pretty sure the limit is account wide.

1 Like

They actually changed it to character instead of account. The 5 per hour is still account though.

Not anymore:

This is what happens when Blizzard decides to punish all players rather than deal with bots on an individual basis.

1 Like

They hardly punished all players. There’s a handful of players repeatedly posting about this on the forums, and that’s it. I have yet to meet a player in the game who’s bumped into this.

3 Likes

Well that’s nice I guess…

No

19char/

Oh the horror

You’re not a victim.

Not going to happen. Been telling this to people for a month now. It’s staying. Just have to accept the things you cannot change.

1 Like

Farming Deadmines also gives ore for you beginning engi alt or BS alt. It’s a really good head start, too.

The point is that they’re not targeting bots, they’re targeting all players. And who are you to say how someone spends their time? This isn’t about judging how someone spends their gametime. This is Blizzard’s laziness impacting all players.

Maybe you’ll feel differently when this type of policy affects you in the future through some other change.

Oh look another hot take Zaalg…

They didn’t say they were targeting just bots with this change, they wanted to stop exploitative gameplay and automated gameplay.

Also EVERY player is affected by this change even if they do not hit the 30 instance limit themselves because it slows power players from flooding the economy with easy to farm gold causing inflation.

Okay, my dude. I have doubts about that. That’s just where the criticism begins, unfortunately. You seriously can’t think of something else that’s more entertaining to do for 40 out of 60 minutes for 6 hours than farming Stockades? Play another game.

The limit should be lower . . . like 5 a day.

2 Likes

"Victim"

2 Likes

Quit mischaracterizing the situation and putting words in my mouth. They targeted bots, and a handful of players are getting hit with the splash damage. I’m sorry you can’t make the distinction between that and targeting all players. They’ve already made acceptable compromises to placate those affected:

I feel bad for the legitimate players who enjoy pretending to bot, but I think they’ll still manage if they only get six hours worth of farming in a day now.