Now that DF is live… can I fly in BfA without Pathfinder?

Oh, and what about SL… is the flight still locked there too?

Thanks for any information!

Edit: For anyone out there wondering the same, as of Dec 2, 2022 it still seems to require Pathfinder to fly in BfA. I am not currently subbed, so I can’t confirm it, but there is a thread about it in the General Discussion forums currently.

I was hoping to finally start a play through of BfA but it looks like it might be a couple of years. Easy come easy go, I guess.

SL still requires pathfinder. BfA doesn’t.

Blizzard requires pathfinder for the current expansion
And one expansion bank.

dragon Isle broke the model with its own version of flying but the one expansion back limitation still remains.

1 Like

Fantastic. I will give it a couple of weeks for the servers to calm down and re-sub for some BfA action.

I was hoping they would unblock SL too, but I will take what I can get.

Thanks!

They extended Chromie time to level 10-60 so you can skip .SL entirely and go from .BfA direct to Dragon Flight.

1 Like

That’s good to know (thanks) but I am in no rush to get to Dragon Flight until they open up old school flight there.

There’s no sense in me getting heavy use out of the new flight system (that might actually be better than the old one) just to get it yanked away in the next expansion. That would just irritate me.

I’d rather lean heavier into old school flight for general use… and maybe just use the new stuff for long distance traveling in the DF zones, that way I don’t become attached to it.

The treatment of flight in this game has been a sore spot for me over the years. It basically drove my family and friends group out of the game back in WoD.

Anyway, I’m rambling… thanks again!

Dragon flying is kind of central to the expansion. I doubt they will open it up to old school flying but stranger things have happened in WoW.

I saw an article linked the other day saying that unlocking regular flight is planned… but even so, I imagine it will still probably be a year or more before they bother doing it.

No biggie… I waited 3-4 years each for Legion and BfA to have flight unlocked, so I am willing to be patient.

It would be cool to actually buy a new expansion and play for an extended time in something current, but it’s not a great loss for me to wait it out.

1 Like