Nothing Personal x Nightstalker

Hi,
I have 3 Azerite Pieces with Nothing Personal in them, combines it should do 66,573 Nature Damage over 20 Seconds. This is increased by the Assassination Mastery and Toxic Blade as long as it’s up.
Nightstalker on the other hand … isn’t it supposed to “your abilities deal 50% more damage” … abilities that should include Bleeds, Poison … physical(like Mutilate) as as well as Toxic Blade which is a Poisoned Blade doing Nature Damage.
It would be so cool, you vanish to gain Nightstalker and then Vendetta with Nothing Personal … but this combination sadly doesn’t work.

Intended? Bug? Did i overlook something? Or do i just read more in the description then i am supposed to?
Thanks for the input!

I imagine that damage resulting from an azerite trait is considered to be of a different source than a class ability. I wouldn’t expect nightstalker to affect that trait for the same reason I wouldn’t expect it to affect damage from the maledict trinket.

1 Like

I imagine that damage resulting from an azerite trait is considered to be of a different source than a class ability.

I would agree right here, the weird thing is that the damage from Nothing Personal does 30% more damage for the ticks that tick while Toxic Blade is up.

I can only guess that Nightstalker does not increase all damage done, only specified damage. Thought it would make sense if Nightstalker would also increase Nothing Personal damage, imagine you could also pull Toxic Blade too!

TB increases poison damage received- there’s no source specified. Vendetta only increases ability damage received, which is specific to a source.

I think the difference here is toxic blade affects all poison damage you deal. Where as nightstalker affects “your abilities”

If nightstalker was written like “While in stealth all damage you deal is increased by 50%” then it would be weird for Nothing personal to not shred when you’re in stealth.