Not worth the effort

The quest you need may be in Boralus, in the center. By the inn. There is a cute little pink hair gnome that gives you a quest to help Mekkatorque out. That’s the one!

I have. I do everything every page tells me to do and I can not unlock mechagon. Go to the embassy, did that no quest to pick up.

At the time it was current, it was designed for players to unlock by just playing the game with normal activities.

I have nothing against just making them available now that they have been a part of the alliance for an entire expansion

Same as any other allied race… they should just be available at df launch

1 Like

Nobody there

The guides, and the process to get Allied Races in general, are pretty difficult to parse for a returning player or for anyone who did not play the expansion their Allied Race of choice is from. I have nothing but sympathy for you OP.

It is possible to figure out, I promise, but you’ll need some deep breaths for patience and a willingness to occasionally go a few miles down the wrong street before accepting directions and backtracking.

Two new toons and the quest does not show up for either of them. Either Blizzard needs to help me figure this out or I’m done with this game.

This is why I like BtWQuest. It shows me the quest chain in flow chart mode and all the prerequisites to start a quest.

I also think chromie time needs to be updated so that you get filled in with a synapsis of the lore from expansions prior to the one selected and post to current expansion once chromie time is completed so that the lore makes sense

Damn, okay lemme dive into some sources and see if I can think of something else for ya.

I think you are looking in the wrong place. The embassy quest doesn’t pop up until you have done the other unlock steps. The embassy is like your very last stop before they’re unlocked.

Are you trying to do it on this character? Because it doesn’t look like you have the The Mechagonian Threat achievement on her.

Iifc you need to have the achievement on the same character you are trying to unlock the allied race on.

1 Like

Do you have world quests unlocked for nazjatar? There is a quest line you must do with Magni (essential empowerment) to unlock the heart forge with him and after that whole thing you can compete the nazjatar quests that pop up and then you will get invited to go to mechagon.

If the quests are screwed up for you, maybe abandon them and look at your maps to figure out where the big exclaimation points (indicating the big quest lines) are to get you back on track.

I really hope you get your mechagnomes unlocked OP.

I have no doubt the three people playing them would be happy to see another!

1 Like

At this point they should simply make the allied races immediately available for playing with.

Honestly, having just gone through the process to get Nightborne, I’d settle for them giving a very clear and simple starting point for the unlocks. Instead of requiring all these old story achievements that require multiple other story achievements to even begin getting to, give us a shortcut path that starts at the embassy and says “Complete these steps to start the path to unlock” so we just, like, know where to go and what to do. :confused:

Like I said it’s not impossible but it’s just such a chore to undergo with solely third-party sources when the game could make itself playable on its own. (Shock, gasp, horror.)

1 Like

I think part of the issue is that a lot of those guides are outdated. Blizz I think streamlined unlocking the ARs thus making the guides sometimes point people to the wrong quest giver. Also sometimes it just bugs. Like for example on one of my toons, whenever I go near the FP in Boralus, Tinkermaster Overapark and his assistant always spawn and start a dialogue. I know it’s in relation to unlocking mechagon but after they do their RP, there is no quest. Nothing. So a returning player will just sit there completely at a loss as to what to do.

Recently I had to install the BTWquests addon and it’s been a godsend. The addon gives you a searchable database with clear quest chain flow charts that tell you what you’ve done and where you’re up to and what you haven’t done. It’s this kind of UX design that wow sorely lacks. There’s just too much obfuscation sitting between the player and their goal these days.

1 Like

The fact you have to unlock naz and mech on every new toon is TERRIBLE so i just dont bother

There is an NPC in Nazjatar that shows I have a pending quest. But my quest log shows nothing active in Nazjatar.

Are you trying on a toon above 50?
You might need to lock xp at 50, but quests still should show with the map turn to show trivial quests.
My account does not have that race unlocked. Might do that today to see issue. I have a locked 50.

These may help.