Not thrilled with the so called dungeon finder

Please elaborate on these two points. How does anything I’ve said fall under those fallacies? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The fallacy implicitly alleges that the critic does not appreciate the values and customs of the criticized group or is traitorous, and thus suggests that the critic should avoid the question or topic entirely, typically by leaving the criticized group.

Not even.

If I understand correctly, Blizz decided to change the OG system because it detracted from the social interactions between players and helped build better relationships.

So my reply is I liked how it woprked back then and I wish it worked that way now, and for those who say it bad for the game, then don’t use it.

I don’t want you to leave WoW. I want the ability to use a good system. If you do not think that system is good don’'t use it. That is not a fallacy, it is about taste.

11 Likes

Dismissing anti-dungeon finder arguments implicitly as dishonest or malicious (see: traitorous) by suggesting it doesn’t negatively affect those people even though they say it does…

“If you don’t like it, don’t use it.” → “If you don’t like it, leave.”

Which part of this are you confused about?

2 Likes

People often argue about things they ‘personally’ feel or experienced, the LFG tool is garbage, anyone with half a mind would be able to see it. Even if RDF isn’t put in ever, they could have done a little bit more to make the tool better, but they didn’t.

The same people arguing that RDF is the SOLE REASON that retail became retail say that it was toxic, It ruined community and server identity vs a tool that is slapped on, does not help lower levels at all, and while there are some people that enjoy the slow leveling, many others want a quicker experience to get to max and play endgame in a reasonable amount of time. the LFG tool is toxic.

You people are laughable, the very same people who see the bad sides of RDF, but don’t see the toxicity of the tool, and the only reason I use it, is because I can’t form a group myself in the LFG channel without first touching it.

10 Likes

I am not confused, but maybe I am! LOL.

I don’t see how the group finder in the original games impacts people who don’t like it.

I find their arguments invalid.

I guess my question to you is, how does the OG group finder affect people who do not wish to use it?

6 Likes

Not gonna lie, kind of amusing how they said

Still haven’t seen them make any changes to the Group Finder tool since they made that post.

9 Likes

They should just include RDF. Make it so the first heroic dungeon of the day gives you 2 conquest tokens and thats it, similar to the daily system. Use the daily heroic dungeon npcs for some other cool purpose.

9 Likes

I didn’t like lfr. So I didn’t use it. That didn’t mean I should leave or that I wanted it removed. I just didn’t use it.

I didn’t like transmog. So I didn’t do it. That didn’t mean I should leave or I wanted it removed. I just didn’t do it.

I didn’t like pet battles. So I didn’t collect pets or engage in pet battles. That didn’t mean I should leave or that I wanted it removed. I just didn’t do it.

If you don’t like rdf don’t use it. It’s just that simple.

24 Likes

Those kind of feel like a conflict of interest and you are just looking for whatever suits you best first.

Kind of like the friend you make plans with but then ditches you for new more exciting plans.

In terms of random QoL things you prefer to have? Sure. In terms of usage for the VAST majority of players that interact with it. Ya, its fine. Could use some improvements but I would take it over LFD anyday.

4 Likes

I prefer it just not being in the game. It’s that simple.

3 Likes

The only two reasons I can see people disliking it, are 1.) They don’t want the pool of people who think like they do be ‘forced’ to use it, even if it’s a choice that many would choose, which is a stupid argument and it just implies the ‘Me me me me’ thinking.

2.) They argue on the forums about it to incite people to respond, because we all know that no matter how much we discuss it, in the end it’s Blizzards decision whether to add it or not and they fall back to “But Blizzard didn’t add it so there.”

I just like reading the forums with people who scream community but then insult people for having an opinion that differs from theirs.

15 Likes

There’s no reason the two have to be mutually exclusive, they serve fundamentally different functions.

RDF is for when someone just wants to pug a dungeon, the LFG Tool is when you actually want to be selective about who you group with. The reason people are upset with the LFG Tool(and chat pugging prior) is they do just want to pug a dungeon and RDF is simply the superior tool to do so in.

9 Likes

I get that some people want to stick their nose in everybody’s business and control what they do. People like that are one of the biggest problems in the world today. I’m happy playing my way and don’t need to control how everyone else plays the game.

10 Likes

Blizzard lost the RDF debate a long time ago. Despite claiming they would listen to the community, they have dug their heels in and continued being more wrong with each passing day rather than simply admitting they were wrong and allowing us to have fun with a far superior dungeon tool. That mentality of theirs is exactly why retail numbers are lower than they’ve ever been, they seem to love designing the game for a group of people who don’t even exist while ignoring the majority of real people who are giving them feedback.

15 Likes

No. It’s the tool, and people like you. The way you play the game ruins it for others.

You can’t differentiate between heroic and heroic plus and it has become a perversion of the spirit of what was the original Wrath.

6 Likes

Yeah you definitely have no idea what a strawman argument is lmao

1 Like

i don’t even know why there is another RDF thread but here it is and here we go again. yes you did say Aurumai’s comment is a strawman. and it isn’t. it just isn’t you failed. you used a word that you didn’t know the meaning to. further more you did not use it with a mix of appeal to authority. you just didn’t. this is an out right lie. please stop. while i do agree with you on the subject of RDF being in the game whatever these clowns say against it. you are still wrong about the strawman and appeal to authority comment. you look like a clown.

By the way reason why they changed the df inn wrath, is becouse off those who was against it. So when they removed it others complanied about it. So now now they have something inn between. Its not perfect but bether then nothing.

That’s the bar we’re at for a recreation of a 15 year old game?

Better than nothing?

6 Likes

Same. Idk why you would post all that fake compassion that reeks with narcissism before it.