Not the best week for mythic + as a healer

Any afflix that requires dps, to slow down and or manage their dps is going to cause problems.

It’s not that DPS don’t care, it’s actually really hard to coordinate killing everything at exactly the same time (and bursting is much less forgiving on this than bolstering).

If you’re in a group with zero communication you shouldn’t expect people to perfectly handle things that need coordination.

The easiest way to deal with bursting is to mark a skull on each pack as a prio target, then you’ll only ever have 3 stacks at once to deal with. But I’m guessing you don’t do that, you just blame DPS for everything.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

This is much more relevant information in my opinion. Of course, Atal’Dazar has always been one of the easiest Mythic+ dungeons.

Can you give me a link or say what site you’re getting this information on?

bestkeystone dot com

Not really. It’s one of the least complex but there are still some pulls there that give groups trouble. This week with bursting the saurid packs will wipe many groups. Every fortified week the double zombie pack wipes groups. And Yazma is no pushover on Tyrannical weeks too.

Tol Dagor, Freehold and Underrot are usually easier than Atal.

Atal is one of the least complex dungeons in terms of routes, which is why a lot of people consider it easy I guess.

Minions of Zul in kings rest is probably the most annoying trash this week if you’re pugging. It’s either an instant group wipe or get feared into other mobs.

What’s the strategy to deal with them with bursting?

Arcane Torrent, healing cooldown.

Quaking makes things terrible. The random elements to it make it awful

Pretty much this. It’s not the mechanics that I hate, per se, but lazy DPS who think it’s purely the healer’s responsibility to keep them alive and topped off.

I really hate how those minions trigger bursting. That first pull with them is a pain. The first pack = 8 stacks of bursting on everyone! That’s 112% of your max health in damage over 4 seconds. Ideally I’d just throw out an aoe heal to keep the dps alive and just heal all the missing health during the next pull, but the random dps I get from the group finder just seem to love standing in the frontal cone stun of those golems. :roll_eyes:

If you’re not in a hurry and want to do it carefully, the best thing to do is first root them all in place with something like a frost mage’s pet freeze, shaman earthgrab totem, or druid mass entanglement. Then let a priest mass dispel. This will kill 5 of them leaving 3 alive but still rooted in place. 5 stacks of bursting only = 70% max health, so you won’t be in too much danger and the healer will have some time to heal everyone up before you dispel the last 3 adds which will only do 42% of your max health when they blow up.

1 Like

No its not the healers fault but if all affixes can be managed its a really good push week, because quaking isn’t a brick wall, bursting isn’t a brick wall, and trash that can be hard-cc’d isn’t a brick wall.

+10 Atal didn’t feel that bad but +11 felt like twice as hard and we missed the timer on it. Maybe I suck, because I feel like I should be able to do it (although I didn’t really start pushing my key until last week and only did +8s/9s this season up until then), but god damn, pumping out almost 50k hps at times and watching everyone’s health go down is a pretty helpless feeling.

Also gotta say, for how much people talk crap about lfg and doing keys with randoms, the pug groups I made were all really nice and the players were quality/knew what they were doing (that was kind of the main reason I haven’t really been pushing my key up until recently)

We ran prot pally and off healing dps to help counter bursting, but our healer hasn’t slept much due to the nightmares…

The general consensus among people I play with is that AD is one of the harder dungeons this week. It’s a trash focused dungeon where the packs are designed to deal considerable damage to non-tank targets. It’s important to plan the route with that in mind so you can have offensive and/or defensive cds for the most dangerous groups.

It’s one of those dungeons where you probably learned a few good lessons as a group, but because it was a pug that collective insight was lost when you disbanded. I bet if you guys had a second shot with the same crew you’d nail it.

2 Likes

The group actually was great and really positive, and stuck it out even though we missed the timer by a good 2 or 3 min. But ya I definitely learned quite a bit, the trash difficulty was really where my inexperience shone through, my cooldown management was pretty horrible because I was expecting the bosses to be quite a bit harder than they were. I probably missed out on at least 2 or 3 tranqs/ironbarks/on-use trinkets because of that. If I used my cooldowns more properly and we were better coordinated we most likely could have done a couple bigger pulls, not died to me going oom on trash/not having cds available and made it in time.

Oh well, live and learn, at least it was my own key I failed lmao

this is why blizz intended m+ to be orginized group content, not pug friendly.

At least that’s what they have said. It’s obvious you can still pug m+ keys, but overall to improve and havt the smoothest runs you really need to organize.

I will say that healing a simple +11 on my shaman with a tank who liked to run head first into packs before bursting even fell off was… not a fun experience. But no direct communication outside of party chat so I had to just suffer through it…

It’s not just the routes. Almost all of the boss fight mechanics are visually intuitive, which is not generally the case in BFA dungeons.

Yeah, on fortified weeks (and higher keys) it’s usually better to use your CD’s on the trash as the bosses tend to be reasonable.

Also routes matter quite a lot and understanding when to use your big CD’s, and it changes quite a bit as your group continue to progress as well, like when you first hit 10’s saving CD’s for reaping is very helpful, once your group gets more used to reaping it’s a little less required and better to save for bigger/more difficult trash packs/boses, etc…

1 Like