Not the best week for mythic + as a healer

That is all.

6 Likes

This is one of the most fun weeks for a healer.

2 Likes

if your team does not understand to control bursting stacks and spread for quaking let them die several times (because you literaly can’t do 100k HPS output) and maybe they will learn their lesson

or when insert mongo AOE melee dps spec here goes ham on the wrong target when you are tanking skittish week, after they get their face smashed in a few times maybe they will listen

Not really worried about this week.

I wish they’d just fix quaking.

1 Like

I’d take double quaking if they would get rid of non elites bursting.

Here are some tips for bursting:

1. Coastal healing potions heal for 34k and do not share a CD with your other potions. Make sure your group has 5-10 to use in a pinch.
  2. Sugar crushed fish feast from the Darkmoon Faire heals for 10% health and mana per second, and can be stacked with regular drinks. They are expensive to use and obtain so I only use for bursting.
  3. Research your skips beforehand to accommodate for bursting. One example is the ticks in underrot that deal a lot of damage when you kill them. On fortified bursting week, killing those is very likely to wipe you.

Affixes are NOT just for healers or tanks to deal with. Anyone running in the 15+ range usually has consumables and support skills/defensives slotted to help their healers and tanks.

1 Like

It’s difficult to get a drink in this week, so use Sugar-Crusted Fish Feasts if you don’t already

This week is just silly. Bursting into quaking into reaping is just silly. Doing 50k or more healing on 4 pack of mobs in a +10 dungeon before bursting because quaking punishes you for being in the instance is just dumb. At least I’ll be able to sell lots of keys.

3 Likes

Yea, bursting and quaking is a pain for getting mana back especially when the group refuses to even try to heal themselves while you are trying to go from no mana to at least 1/4 mana while the tank with a sliver of health runs to the next pack and instantly dies. “Healer, at least try to heal us”. I just linked healing meter and left. And that was with 3 friends in the group.

Tank chain pulling with little to no health, dps running/felrush/blinking into me with quaking which means a stacking quake on 3 to 4 people and I was standing way behind them and the mobs, aoe out the ying yang with bursting. After I left they kept asking me what was wrong. I just closed the game and went offline I don’t have the patience anymore to explain the utter stupidity that was happening.

No, after all of the rubbish that was happening they still didn’t get it. I just don’t want to heal this week. Well maybe I will get a good pug without the friends who knows.

4 Likes

I dont even believe that you do keys pal

probably the easiest possible week if you can play clever.
fortified? work around able
bursting? doable
quaking? please
reaping? meh
I mean… whats the big challenge here ?

I’m gonna check back with in a few days to see how you feel.

Is it so hard to pull 1 trash pack at a time or do people cease to exist if they cant “big rick” pull everything.

1 Like

He’s also not a healer that has to deal with quaking/bursting :smiley:

6 Likes

Doing a 13 AD earlier. We died over 40 times and over timed it by 15 mins. Quaking had done 3 million damage per person, Bursting had done 2 million damage per person. 15 Million Damage per person in 45 mins. Just because these two line up that was an extra 15 Million Damage per person I had to heal. And we didn’t go above 3 bursting stacks at any given point.

This week is a pain for healers. And an even bigger pain if DPS don’t know how to not stagger Bursting. Over 60% of the healing done was JUST for Bursting / Quaking.

2 Likes

spoken like someone who does not heal M+

7 Likes

He plays dps; prob gets carried

5 Likes

Having to blow 70k hps just to heal a pack which might have taken 25-35k hps any other week…Yes I would say it’s pretty bad!

5 Likes

Bursting really exemplifies how in tune the dps is with the the rest of the group. It’s incumbent on them to stop dps and self heal or pot beyond 3-4 stacks or whatever the healer can handle.

It’s definitely the most counterintuitive affix. Stopping dps will actually make the run go more quickly (i.e. not wiping).

1 Like

and like grievous the bursting affix is great at demonstrating which of your dps have all their self-healing buttons (except poor mages) keybound to help out the healer and avoid dying, eg. vivify for windwalker monks

i’ve seen the lack of such important keybinds/spell use even in 1.5k+ people, extremely common