Not sure where else to post this as a suggestion... raid frames can no longer stack when vertical

I used to run vertical raid frames and then have 4 groups on top and 4 groups beneath it with the old UI. With the new UI there is no option for this, if you go vertical it forces you to have all 8 groups side by side and this gets groups into the center of the screen where the action is.

Please add an option like old UI to narrow how wide the raid frames display area could be (not the width of the health bars which you can do now, but how far to the right groups would populate), which is what caused them to be able to stack 4 on 4 instead of all 8 side by side like is forced now with vertical.

4 Likes

Have yet to see Blizz take suggestions from these forums either.

Yeah I’m guessing I’ll be living with horizontal groups for a long time.

I’d like to see this too. Strange they didn’t include all options.

And that’s why there was so much backlash… if people could really replicate the layout of the old UI, even though there is new art/borders, there would have been much less outrage.

I downloaded Vuhdo, because it gives you more customizability with frames, including letting you stack raid frames 4x4 like old UI used to. So to summarize:

• new update for hotbars - still need Bartender because it displays Ctrl+Mouse4 as CB4, whereas official is c-Mo… so you can’t see the button you need

• new update for casting controls - still need Clique because you can bind mouseover keypresses to be seperate abilities than what that key does on the hotbar, official doesn’t let you do this

• needed a new addon to get vertical bars stacked like old UI used to

Sounds like Blizz needs to update this update.

Incredibly frustrated with this—I can’t believe they removed a key customization option from the most important UI element in the game. I need to be able to stack my raid frames like this in 5-man groups, which is no longer possible since the UI update (now you can only have full vertical or full horizontal layout): https : // imgur . com / R4eP75T

@Blizz please fix this ASAP. I do not want to have to install an entire UI/raid frames replacement because of this, given that raid frames have worked very well for the past 3 expacs. The UI update was supposed to make things more customizable, not less. This is substantially worse.

I appreciate the desire to scream dissatisfaction at the universe, but Blizzard isn’t going to change this.

Your only options are to live with it, install a raid-frame addon (or a UI replacement addon that includes raid-frame customizability), or find another game.

They literally just finished UI updates, they should be taking feedback on this. This was a feature before and it needs to be a feature again.

1 Like

They aren’t and if they were, this isn’t the place for it. Blues don’t troll the UI/Addon forums looking for great ideas.

Blizz doesn’t read this subforum? That’s extremely rude then because I posted this on Bugs and they moved it here like it was going to make a difference.

The forum moderators don’t necessarily have their heads completely out of their rectums either.

Blizzard devs do not lurk in the UI/Addon forums for suggestions, though.

They really don’t look to us for them at all, to be honest.

Anyway FWIW I gave up on Vuhdo because you had to manually add spells that are there by default with default raid frames to get them to show on the frames with Vuhdo, and I wasn’t sure what else I’d be missing if I didn’t think to add it. Plus I couldn’t figure out how to get tooltips to show when hovering over the buff/debuff, so I gave up. Going to repeat that old UI was better because even with new UI I am using mods for bars and with new UI am not able to prevent vertical raid frames from drawing into the play space when in a 40 man (like when you do a world boss). Really annoying.