Not sure how to gear for pvp

I havent played in a while, sometimes i come back but dont really stick around much. This time around having some fun. I am unsure on how to gear though, my main thing is pvp but if i go into pvp with my current gear im getting one shotted. Am i going to have to suffer my way to the gear? i dont mind dying a lot but then at that point im useless on the team so why even be there? are there other ways of obtaining honor or better gear for pvp? thx

I am not a PvPer, but assuming you are 70, but I’ve seen the Battleground Blitz brawl mentioned to get some gear, because it will scale any gear that’s at least ilvl 312 up to 472, just a bit below the honor level. There is also crafted PvP gear that has an ilvl of 463.

If you aren’t 70, then it’s probably more about making sure you’re gear is at the proper ilvl for your level. They re-scaled ilvls in Dragonflight, so a lot of the old end game gear from BfA and earlier has comically low ilvls compared to what you should have at that level. Heirlooms, dungeons and questing are the best bets there.

You can buy Verdant Combatant crafted gear but I find it tends to be a bit expensive.
Seltherex and Calderax in Valdrakken sell Honor and Conquest gear respectively as well as crests to turn crafted gear into PVP gear. The main attribute of PVP gear is that it has a higher ilvl while engaging in PVP.