Not returning-player friendly

The divide between current players and returning players is massive with catch up mechanics hitting a wall unless you p2w or are in a high tier guild. Nobody wants someone who isn’t already super geared in their groups for raids, mythic dungeons, or RBGs or even their guilds.

PVP:
I have been 1 shotted way too many times. As a fresh 60, I was getting ganked like I was 20 levels lower. Aimed shot is over powered. I main a MM hunter and the only reason I’ve been able to progress in pvp is because of it but I’d rather it nerfed than be able to or be hit by 2 24k shots with double tap. Also some druid move was able to do the exact same damage, melted me like a blow torch on butter. Even full 7/7 Aspirant offers little protection against players with 55K+ hp which is most people I see in pvp. Can’t get into RBGs without higher gear and CR in order to earn higher gear and CR. Same with Mythic dungeons/raids. It feels like job hunting when you don’t have work experience.

Inflation:
HOLY HECK WHAT HAPPENED. healing potions for 10k? Mid tier gear for 300k? There’s a massive shortage of BoEs that aren’t runecarving. All movement potions now unusable. I’m liquidating my entire guild bank because half of it’s unsuable for max level and I’m hoping to get back something for all the time I invested farming for those pots.

PVE:
Can’t get into a good guild without high gear. Can’t get into raids or mythic dungeons. Heroic and normal are so far behind I don’t even know why they exist at this point when PVP gear is significantly better but still capped.

P2W:
Trade chat is dead except for people offering P2W runs. 40$ to run one mythic raid? No way! WoW Tokens have ruined PVE and caused massive inflation. At least before people were much less hesitant to trust chinese gold farmers because they’d hack and/or rob you potentially so it kept inflation at a slower pace.

I play because I enjoy WPVP, can contribute to BGs even though I’ll never be the top killer like I’ve been in other expansions, and I’ve still got to farm Invincible.

I hope dragon isles and MS can bring some dignity back to this game. Blizzard has been more disappointing now than ever before. Contentwise, WoD still takes supreme in lack of substance and cut content but if there’s really only going to be 2 major patches then SL looks like its taking the throne.

That’s all I’m willing to go on about.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much why I stick to classic. Even WOD had fun pvp.

1 Like

Unfortunately devs don’t come to returning player for feedback. We are strictly player to player here and aren’t monitored by blues (aside from forum moderators, but they don’t have a line of communication with the devs either). If you’d like to leave your opinions where they might be seen, you’ll want to post in General Discussion, or by using the in game feedback tool.

If you don’t have active game time and still want to leave feedback, you can still use the in game feedback tool on a free to play account.

Best of luck in your adventures!

2 Likes

Well I been playing since 2006, now I’m leaving, no one left to quest with. Feb 5th last day
Labyrinth1965

1 Like

Ok… tell blizzard that in one of the two places that are listed in the post that you just replied to. I’m just another player, telling me you’re quitting does absolutely nothing. Sorry. :man_shrugging:

I am running into this problem. I played a lot in the beginning of shadows but, returning I have no idea what to do. I can continue my uh… class quests or whatever its called? I don’t even remember what the mana stuff is for. I’m waiting for this expansion to end but it looks like they’re just adding more into it.

I don’t PvP but when I PvE, I see many people at my level 1-3 shotting enemies that takes me multiple upon multiple shots to kill. And they can fly(?).

Despite that, I am enjoying my return to this game. I haven’t raided yet since I first subbed shortly after Cataclysm, and most dungeons have been closed to me due to ‘low-item level.’ I do plan on returning to those dungeons to solo them when I get strong enough – if returning to them is possible.

I want to do and learn more cuz I really enjoy this game.