Not quite another nerf MM hunter thread

I propose something a bit different than all the other crazy stuff others have posted in regards to nerfing MM hunters.

While my obvious fix would be to remove stealth from them, I do have something more subtle that would help classes most vulnerable to them (mainly casters).

Right now rapid fire and aimed shot are physical abilities. How about putting them in the arcane school of magic so casters can counter and silence them? Seems like a quick easy fix that would offer a decent counter, because right now there is no real counter to those things for the most part.

Remove sniper shot

4 Likes

I totally agree. Nerf hunters!!

2 Likes

Feels like they have no damage nerf whatso ever

1 Like

Didnā€™t read any of itā€¦but I couldnt agree more! Nerf hunters!

1 Like

They NEED a nerf. I donā€™t understand how a spec so broken can stay in the game so long. theres a million MM hunters in every bg i go into.

1 Like

Like I said, nerf their stealth.

If I can see them coming, I donā€™t mind the damage.

But if stealth for hunters is going to remain in the game for pvp, there needs to be some downsides to it. Maybe it should drain 50% of their damage resource so their burst is limited from stealth.

And yes, I know they unstealth when doing big attacks, but in BGs you arenā€™t going to see them because you are engaged in other activities. Thatā€™s not enough of a downside.

I wouldnt be shocked to see a Aura nerf, maybe a 10-20% reduction on all abilites. Mainly because Bliz likes to buff to the moon or nerf to the ground with most tuning changes. IF MM was brought below the average dps of players in pvp, whatever is strongest would gain lots of players. Iā€™ll be leveling a WW in Remix because it is looking super OP in TWW. Maybe we will see 8 active rings of peace in BGB soon enough instead of the current many SS and Rapid Fires.

1 Like

Aim and rapid fire is fine to be buffed so MM can be viable in arena. But Sniper Shot will be nerfed again or outright removed.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

1 Like

theres no subtle way to fix mm. just remove sniper and tone down their range. end of story

1 Like

All they have to do is remove sniper shot or nerf it into the groundā€¦ fixedā€¦ Taking camo away from a class that base sits 95% of the time is the dumbest idea everā€¦ ā€œWell, see, like, when the hunter was 80 yards away, he suddenly popped out of camo dude!ā€ :rofl: :crazy_face: Huh??? Just remove sniper shot from the game would fix everything right now so the FOTM bads would stop playing itā€¦ lets try not to make it ridiculously complex with ā€˜arcane huntersā€™ running around with no camoā€¦

1 Like

If hunters had S Priests defensives they wouldnt need camo. Or maybe some skill expression with a dispell on a 1 min CD instead of good mastery scaling range. I like playing MM as is but if Hunter did lose something very useful those that play hunter would want something else to compensate them. Being fragile but doing good damage from long range is their niche. Without the range or damage they have now, what would be suggested to incetivize people to play the spec? They dont have good movement either so removing damage and range at the same time would warrent getting something pretty impactful.

Iā€™m asking for a reason for the spec to see play if current tools were lost because without compensation current players could reroll Warlock and fear spam you, or WW and just punch you to death, or DH and apply a 25% MS every few seconds and be a livelord, or play any other unfun spec to face.

1 Like

Are you kidding me? You get three different traps you can lay at your feet with a macro to deal with melee. You get stuns. You get nice speed increases to help chase people down to resnare them. And if you are playing a gnome, you can easily break root every minute.

Hunters need nothing to compensate if stealth is removed. It never should have been given to them, but Blizzard was still balancing around esport arena at the time. That is no longer the case. Time to take back some of those ā€œover buffsā€ to classes like hunters. Stealth removal is the first step.

No class that base sits 95% of the time will ever lose camoā€¦ Unless Blizzard starts hiring people who are literally beyond stupid and severely mentally ill. Druids and Rogues would have to lose it alsoā€¦ So thats def not happeningā€¦

2 Likes

In BGB everyone that makes stealth a prio can get it from the powers on the ground. Might as well remove it from Mages, Druids, and Rogues too(Sarcasm). Stealth with a 1min CD is your biggest concern? To be honest I am conflicted, as a Pally Iā€™m more envious I donā€™t have my own stealth ability and feel it is not thematic for a hunter to have it. But when I play hunter, having stealth is oh so fun.

2 Likes

Yes, itā€™s the biggest concern in BGs and Blitz Brawl where the hunter comes out of stealth and chunks off 50 to 75% of your health before you spot them. More often than not, you are hit while engaging in other pvp activities.

And like you said, the stealth is up in 1 minute so itā€™s up again and again before the player can return to the node.

And if stealth isnā€™t removed, hunters need to have their energy drained down to 50% while invisible so they canā€™t wtfpwn from stealth. They can still do some damage, but not the full load. That might be the best solution. Stealth should be a scouting mechanic, not a insta kill player mechanic.

Well, they cant stealth for one min after leaving stealth. The CD doesnt start on cast, CD starts when stealth ends. You can find a hunter(that isnt Shadowmelded or using a steath buff node) for 60seconds after they lose stealth(this is when a rogue ganks me normally), but your chief complaint seems to be the damage, which I agree with, no player should have that much burst, not Warriors, not WWs, not DHs and not Hunters. However, if Blitz MM burst is a death sentence to a dps, than it should also be an Arena death sentence to dps, but somehow it is not above maybe a 1400 rating. How do medium and high rated Arena players ensure the MM dies if the burst is both fatal and near instant from stealth?

I know for certain it feels like the MM killed you, all by themselves, with no inaction of yours to blame. I want to think that is true when my Paladin is killed in seconds by MMs. But I remember it wasnt just the MM. A Warrior or DH applied a strong MS, or forbearance was active so I couldnt use a defensive, or my defensives that are decent Vs hunters were on their 4min CDs, THEN the MM finished me off, sometimes these things cant be helped.

1 Like

None of that nonsense would ever happenā€¦ 50% of my energy gone because I popped out of stealth to face a rouge and a feral druid trying to cap my baseā€¦ What a GREAT IDEA! All because you have no situational awareness and tunnel-vision in BGSā€¦ Hilarious.

When you said ā€“ ā€œMore often than not, you are hit while engaging in other pvp activities.ā€ - you really said a mouthful right thereā€¦ tunnel-vision central.

Just nerf MM to the ground, Iā€™m curious to see what spec becomes king of Epic BGs.

I bet itā€™s something MM was taking care of.

Remove the apex predator and another will take its place.

1 Like

In a BG setting one death isnā€™t going lose someone the match. Hunters and a bunch of other specs having stealth(and stealth buff nodes) might suggest single sitting bases is a bad idea. But when out of stealth Hunters are pretty vulnerable to dying themselves. Theyā€™re also a big enough threat that when theyā€™re out of stealth people notice. I donā€™t know the correct amount of damage reduction marksmanship needs. I do sympathize with those that think that it needs a damage reduction because it does. But like I said before if itā€™s Nerfed just a little bit too much, another spec just takes its place. I literally gave up my main since BFA because playing something thatā€™s not MM Hunter just doesnā€™t seem like the play right now. On the topic of tunnel vision, being preoccupied with an enemy that attacked you who you now have injured, and then being attacked by a marksmanship hunter from a decent distance is tilting and I understand that. Most specs that have stealth have a good reason to wait to attack an injured target. We are (should) all trying to be as effective as we can be.

1 Like