Not Happy With Today's Reinforcement of the Bad ZC "Murderball" Design

Another thing Ion made very clear today is they want rares to be designed around their “murderball” logic. He didn’t use that word specifically but talked about how they want rares to be chased by groups.

Me to Ion: :dracthyr_no1: :dracthyr_no2:

That just dumps on solo players.

5 Likes

This is the first I heard of this. Where did Ion say that?

Yeah, can we get a link?

3 Likes

Thank you. Wowhead seems to get to these live chats pretty late.

I was wondering why this wasn’t brought up but it sounded like you had connection problems. But after Ion made the remarks about how they think it’s fun to force people to group up for rares, it probably wasn’t even worth asking.

2 Likes

Yeah unfortunately this was my first time attending the group meeting and I wasn’t aware we could veer off topic. I already had a list of things I wanted to ask based on the topic we were told would be priority discussion and there is very little time (1 hour not enough 2 hours plox) to discuss things with the developers.

And yeah rewatching the stream on my questions specifically I did break up a bit. It’s very difficult to tell before hand if my mic will pick me up fully when I start talking. My mics always had this delayed/crackly response when I initially unmute myself. Dunno why. :dracthyr_shrug:

Red flag time.

I feel like they have a coach in the office trying to get them to say what players need to hear to keep playing. They want casuals/solo players to come back, even after so many slights. But they really don’t want to provide the kind of content that those people want to play. They think it’s wrong to play that way, and if they turn the screws enough they can break solo players/casuals of wanting to play the way they like to. Anybody who wants to play that way surely will surely be unable to realize they are being manipulated, and can easily be converted into competitive gamers who plays like the game is a full-time job.

And once in a while their guard slips and someone lets loose with the truth.

Trust no one.

1 Like