Not getting Kickin' With the Wick on alts?

Anyone else not getting this achievement on alts? I mean, it’s account-wide so it’s no big deal but I’ve noticed that since I got the achievement on one alt all my other alts aren’t getting it, even though they’re doing the fight with all four curses too. Like it’ll say “Earned by: Alt 1
Not completed by: Alt 2”

At most I’m just wondering if it’s happening for others and if it’s worth reporting as a bug.

1 Like

i got it on 6 of my characters first run through but for some reason my priest did not. going to see if it works today.

There are some others I’ve seen that have had the same issue. My friend didn’t get it last night either. She didn’t die and accepted all 4 curses.

I ran all but 2 of my 60+ characters and it popped for all of them.

I would report it.

That’s interesting. I first noticed it on my priest.

Surviving is also key - The Wicker Men will protect you from dying, but in doing so, you will lose their curses - And any additional rewards.

“The Wicker Men have prevented your death, reducing damage taken and restoring your health. Additionally, their curses have been lifted, forfeiting their rewards.”

You need to watch the Wicker Man’s Shadow, if it gets to 10, you won’t die but you will lose the curses.

2 Likes

make sure you’re picking up the curses from the big dude in the middle, not the individual smaller dudes.

I’ve run three characters through it so far and the achievement dinged on all three. It is possibly not a bug, however. I was unclear about the wording of the description on WoWhead:

Surviving is also key - The Wicker Men will protect you from dying, but in doing so, you will lose their curses - And any additional rewards.

So I’m wondering if the wicker men work like a cheat death. If you would have died to the ability of one of them, that curse is removed from you instead of you dying? The “will protect you from dying” part of the description is vague.

I was confused as well until I noticed the Wicker Men Shadow debuff on me. You can watch the number count go up if you get hit with one of the hard mode attacks, or if you fail to kill your ghost before it gets to the HHM.
When that gets to 10 you lose the curses and the hard mode rewards.

1 Like

I noticed when I did it on my lock only 2 of us clicked on the thingy for the curses … it didn’t give the achievement… the next run I did because I forgot to hand in the quest in the dungeon… everyone clicked it and got the achievements not sure if this helps . Unless it was just not working on the first run. Idk.

just ran it again on my priest and i did get it. maybe i just lost the buff yesterday and didn’t notice.

The Wicker Men Shadow debuff lowers your health by 10% per tick. Get 10 and essentially your health is lowered to 0%.
The Wicker Men’s Protection will then kick in, preventing you from dying, but also forfeiting the hard mode rewards.

On one of my characters I noticed the curses get removed half way through the fight but I don’t know what did it or why. Ran it again and got it.