Not getting character XP for wild pet battles

I used to enjoy grinding out some levels while doing wild pet battles but im noticing im not getting any character XP from my wild pet battles. Im on a 37 toon chromi-timed to TBC. Am I doing something wrong? How can i go about getting character XP with pet battles now?

I’m currently doing Pandaria Safari and it works fine for me.

Edit: Currently at level 38 and I’m still getting XP

1 Like

With the stat squish any toon over level 30 would be too high for TBC XP cutoff. It used to be 70, adjusted for SL it would now be 29 or 30.

The amount of character exp you get from pet battles is determined by the level of your pets used compared to the wild pets defeated. For example, if you are fighting level 18 pets and use a level 25 in the fight, your character would get no exp.

this is not what im referring to and the pets were getting xp while i wasnt (lvling lvl 1 pet with 2 other max lvl, always get xp this way). The issue was resolved with changing zones from tbc to outland at lvl 37.

Did you get this figured out. I saw some wild variances in xp for other things on some of my characters that i’m guessing are some kinda of hard to track Chromie/scaling bug. For instance garrison mining experience for 2 characters , 1 being 1900 per mine, the other 128. My mage gets 0 character experience per battle right now but has not picked a chromie time yet either.

Specific example:
Outside Grom’gol base camp:
Fight is lvl 9 strand crab vs my lvl 9 Pea-Chick
Peach chick gains ~60xp for itself. I gain 0 character