Not enough is being done about RMT

Multiboxing has nothing to do with this.

The real issue is Blizzard allows and promotes botting as it contributes a massive amount of revenue to them. Estimates are around 400k to 1 million bot accounts exist. That is a substantial amount of revenue for Blizzard, which influences their policy making heavily, as it should.

the post is about rmt people farming herbs to sell for gold and then sell that gold forward for real money…

it makes it hard for real players to go out into the open world to pick herbs because the motivation for picking those herbs are not the same… people with the mindset that they literaly wont be able to pay there rent or buy food from the grocery store without picking the herbs will play for longer hours, and fight alot harder for those herbs then sombody that doesent want to fork over 150g for a flask for raid night.

1 Like

People need to stop choosing megaservers and then complain about not being able to farm anything.

You picked a megaserver for faster groups, faster pug raids, and an easier time finding a competitive guild but that comes with downsides. You don’t need a flask for anything in AQ and you shouldn’t just assume that people that pick herbs over you are real money traders.

this post is not about legitimate players… your response is irrelevant to the topic.

It’s the same BS excuses that everyone makes on megaservers to cover for their own poor choices.

“Waaah they picked all the herbs waaah I can’t find Rich Thorium, waaah Blizzard bring back layering it’s all bots and real money traders.”

I guarantee if you actually get some backbone and post from your actual character it will be from a server like Whitemane or Faerlina lol.

But I was told that every server is a mega server.

Nope.

Are there some really big servers compared to vanilla servers? Of course, but saying that just because every server can potentially hold that many players thus every server is a megaserver is an absurd statement.

Even at just 5000-6000 players as opposed to an actual megaserver at 7500 players you’ll already notice a drastic difference in how much easier it is to find resources.

the source of every problem

1 Like

This is actually what a mega server is:

“With megaserver technology, there are as many copies of a map as are needed to comfortably hold the population of players in that map at a given time. Rather than having a separate map copy for each home world and artificially limiting the amount of fellow adventurers you see, the megaserver system brings players together and dynamically opens up new map copies as necessary.”

Any server that can be layered/sharded is a mega server. That’s the definition.

It doesn’t have anything to do with concurrent players but capacity and how that capacity is managed.

People have taken it upon themselves to define it as meaning “a server with a huge pop.” That’s a misnomer.

So every single server that isn’t currently layered (all of them) is not a mega server by the definition you’re using (Guild Wars 2).

No it IS. Any server that CAN BE LAYERED/SHARDED is, by definition, a mega server.

Is something wrong with you?

Here, let me quote your own words for you:

So when Arugal was experiencing queues into the thousands and lag that would persist for hours at a time but no layers were added for weeks, it wasn’t a mega server?

If a megaserver system DYNAMICALLY OPENS UP NEW MAP COPIES AS NECESSARY, then any server that experiences queues and SEVERE LAG and does not have layers added DYNAMICALLY would not be a megaserver by YOUR definition, correct?

Some people just have an extremely difficult time admitting they are wrong.

“Every server is a PvP server, some of them just have it turned off but they’re still PvP servers!!!11”

This is your megaserver argument.

Seriously I have no idea what your problem is with understanding English.

From ESO:

The term Megaserver refers to the type of server implementation used in The Elder Scrolls Online. This differs from most current massively multiplayer games, which typically use separate servers referred to as “shards,” in that every player is connected to the same logical server .

Mega Server - The whole game consist of 1 server that has many many channels
It seems to me that most people don’t understand what a Mega Server is. They think it’s only 1 huge server. It’s true that is 1 huge server but there is many many channels within that one server so people can channel hop easily.

It is a server with sharding/layering/channels blah, blah, blah.

The definition is right there. And nowhere ANYWHERE does it define a mega server as “a very popular server that everyone jumps on so it’s overcrowded.” That was your definition, and it’s WRONG.

Now you’re being obtuse. Servers actually DO have your PvP turned off if you’re on a normal server. You have to enable it. It doesn’t change the way the server works.

An RP server will always be an RP server regardless if you or anyone else is actually RPing. And a normal server will always be normal because the option’s there to PvP or not. The server doesn’t turn it on for you. And a PvP server will always be a PvP server, even if your PvP is off while in a city or flying. The server behaves differently than an normal server because it DOES turn your PvP on.

My god…

You can’t even have the grace to just back up.

I should have taken others’ advice and ignored you long ago. You’re just ridiculous.

You don’t know what “dynamically” means, do you? You didn’t refute anything I just said. Admit to being wrong like everyone knows and move on.

WHICH NO SERVER CURRENTLY HAS.

Therefore NO SERVER is currently a MEGASERVER by your OWN definition.

how does your comment have anything to do with RMT?

It doesn’t. Some people actually believe that Blizzard doesn’t ever make mistakes. Therefore, it must be the customer’s fault.

i think you made a mistake. you mis clicked “reply” instead of “start new topic” and went on a tangent about something that has nothing to do with the original post.

this post is not about server sizes, nor is it about legitimate players or the mistakes blizzard has made… this post is about RMT and more needing to be done than simply banning the account so the person can start another one to continue there RMT ways

I was replying directly to your question, but that’s okay I’ll be specific.

Alasmin blamed the players for choosing the wrong server. It’s their fault for not choosing a less populated server.

You asked what this had to do with RMT.

I answered that it doesn’t. Which it doesn’t, and went on to say some people would rather blame the players because they believe Blizzard can do no wrong.

What doesn’t follow for you?

If you were talking about another post of mine rather than the one above yours, which appears to be the one you’re replying to, then you should have been a tab bit more clear.