Not Being able to Xmog Warglaives

From the patch notes:

Developers’ note: The Warglaives of Azzinoth dropped from Illidan in Black Temple are the one exception, as a custom method for Demon Hunters in particular to obtain this transmog appearance already exists through Black Temple Timewalking, and we do not want to diminish the value of that unique reward.

Is anyone else upset by this? Rogue and Warriors were some the OG classes that can use them, so why are we being shafted when it comes to being to use the look.

At least allow us to do the TW Raid for it like the DHs

I was really looking forward to being able finally transmog my weapons to Warglaives :frowning:

10 Likes

I am rather upset. I think it’s a totally BS move, and rogue isn’t even my main anymore. It’s a horrible decision with a limper-than-a-wet-noodle reason behind it.

7 Likes

But these where swords…

1 Like

This sucks : / It’s the only Legendary I wanted since blood elves can be the only horde demon hunters : /

1 Like

They could easily let people mog the original warglaives and give DHs some extra special version if you want them to feel special. Give it some unique model or special particle effect.

3 Likes

They didnt need that extra gift for timewalking BT . I wonder how many glaives owner used them during it without being DH , shouldnt they also get some sort of special reward ?

(not bias here , i really dont care either way , i prefer other xmog)

On the same note , what about thunderfury ? Rogues worked hard to unlock that xmog , dont see a dev note for that huhu(joking like i said i dont care either way but im always on the side that would make things fair)

I’m surprised Blizz didn’t apply this same terrible logic to Thunderfury.

“Rogues in Legion had a unique opportunity to obtain the Thunderfury xmog for their Artifact weapon and we don’t want to diminish that grind by letting players who did an even harder grind even longer ago be able to show off their effort too”

1 Like

Eh. I don’t like it but I get it. Prior to DH, Warglaives (as a style of weapon) were usable by a few classes since the legendary was all had.

But now, Warglaives are seen as THE weapon of choice for DH. That’s their super special type of weapon made and meant for them. Now that we’re in the post DH times, Blizzard wants to keep their aesthetic as “the class who uses warglaives” in tact.

1 Like

it is a piss poor decision.

I would be happier if they just deleted the whole Demon Hunter class.

Then after this they could improve the game by giving back all the abilities pruned from the rogue class over the last 6 years.

1 Like

First off, I support you WIlliams. I feel DH’s got too much good sh*t from other classes. I miss my demon lock having meta.
I also am rather annoyed I gotta level a crap class to use my legendary. I have used them in almost every timewalking for fun without gimping myself to bad. I want them for my outlaw.

3 Likes

I thought it was slightly silly yes.cknsidering the glaives predate demon hunters by years.

And it also ruined my morale for farming my offhand glance after a billion or so runs over the years. Someday I will get it and just equip them both to throw people off.

How is doing 10 year old content with a 100% drop rate in getting it more unique than a rare drop rate item that legit broke guilds at the time?

Oh I know why because this company is full of :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

This is what happens when one company buys out another and replaces the original internal culture and say of doing things with their own.

The irony is that Activision purchased Blizzard because they were profitable, and produced at the time excellent games and had an outstanding reputation in the industry.

Ironic because they banked on that reputation and then proceeded to throw out everything that made Blizzard such an excellent company in the first place.

Their attributes were from the point of view of the player:

1. Gamaing quality and fun first.
  2. Harsh punishment for cheating, bottiong, hacking, exploiting filth.
  3. Content that was actually fun to do.

Now, well they don’t have any of that.

The warglaives aren’t a 100% drop. Not the original, legendary ones. And you need those in order to get the transmog ones.

So it IS more unique in that one class can use it, and you need to do BT until both drop, then need to do the TW version. That is more unique than everyone being able to use them.