Not adding RDF is the biggest mistake!

same thing for patch 3.3 og wrath

Oh, that part of the blog, where Greg says the difficulty of Heroic Dungeons and raids difficulties were not a mistake?

I mean, I’ll put it this way, people think the dungeons got nerfed. The truth is, no, they really didn’t. Greg put it really well into that post of his, people “outgeared them”, which tends to happen when you get geared up.

3 Likes

I’m fine without RDF. Been playing without it for almost 4 years

4 Likes

Same. Much better experience overall.

4 Likes

I am saying we know what happened in Cata. They felt that making Wrath dungeons too easy was a mistake that, while surely giving out lots of gear, was not up where they wanted to be in terms of intrinsic fun or challenge.

But players had gotten used to using Dungeon Finder to find random groups fast and get loot fast with little communication or effort. And so this post which, in my reading, tried to encourage people to snap out of their Wrath funk, put in some teamwork and effort, make a friends list and remember how to play cause it will make everything more fun in the long term.

And… we know what happened… many people couldn’t do it, they nerfed the dungeons, and the rest is retail history.

2 Likes

did they protect your social experiences by removing it?

what’s the difference in experience? is your social experience protected? if so, how?

1 Like

what happens after wotlk classic will happen after wotlk classic, let’s focus on wotlk features before we get into how badly they will fail cata classic when the time comes.
RDF isn’t going to ruin wotlk classic, it’s not going to destroy your social experience, your immersion, or your social network.

The aim of the game is to work as a group. Yes, Cata Heroic Dungeons were hard, I was there, apart of a guild at the time. But that is the point. To encourage people to be apart of the guild or to play with friends. Not to force them to do that if they want to complete that. There was a lot of tuning around some dungeon bosses mechanics through out Cata. But the dungeons weren’t nerf’d. People “outgeared them”.

Yup. I’m enjoying the version they released a lot. I’m glad they are leaving out the toxic features that removed necessary frictions to the game. Hopefully the folks who want those features play retail soon since it still has all those conveniences. Then everyone gets what they want.

1 Like

And how was RDF “toxic?” Please explain this.

3 Likes

Correct, because they aren’t adding it! It’s awesome!

1 Like

group activites are group activities, explain how RDF is toxic in its nature of grouping players together? if it promotes group activity it promotes social experience. not toxic; same as LFG tool.

to protect social experience, now explain how removing it does that.

2 Likes

The mistakes were made in Wrath. In Cata they tried to fix them, but it was too late or too much effort for some players, so Blizz gave in.

1 Like

Too convenient. Bad for the game. Tank queue selling. People dropping groups over nothing. etc etc. The game, as it is release, is much better. I’m glad they are never adding RDF.

1 Like

LFG has the same convenience.

players already sell tanking services without RDF

players already do this in LFG

elaborate

none of these examples prove how the removal protects your social experience, which was the reason for the removal in the first place.

says you, how about those who can’t get into groups due to server issues?

when did they say they were never adding RDF? source.

4 Likes

Disagree…

I don’t need to argue. I already got what I wanted and they are ignoring you. No point. Games great as it is.

Agree, ICC convenience features were a bad addition to the game.

They tried a whole lot in Cata. Not just fixing Wrath mistakes.

I wish they would fork from this version of Classic. I know they won’t but it would be awesome if they would. We already know that any similar changes from here will lead to retail… so, /shrug

1 Like

When everyone had to run to a dungeon during classic, more banter happened while people ran. People told jokes, asked if we would run more, the group mattered more and people’s time mattered more.

In TBC, people often would pm tanks if they were running more, leading to people getting more accustomed to eachother, you’d find yourself running with the same 2-3 people daily. Sometimes this led to friendships or even a guild if you lacked one.

During wotlk, people often want “world tours”. This means people are less toxic and more willing to do banter. I tend to run with the same group for 6-8 dungeons as we clear, we take a small bio break and have interesting chats while we wait or as we clear.
People ask for achievements and learn new skips and new players learn basic mechanics.

Would you get this from RDF? Doubtful

Don’t worry. Adding RDF to WotLK will not be a slippery slope that leads to the devs nerfing WotLK 5 mans so random PUGs can complete them.

And how is convenience a toxic thing?

How was it bad for the game?

I haven’t really seen this at all during my entire time playing WoW.

And how do you know it is over nothing?

Yeah, and you must be glad that they have boost too.

2 Likes

August 8 they responded…

2 Likes