Not A Single High Population SoD Server

It’s amazing how you hit the target so directly and clearly in a short message. I applaud you.

1 Like

I mean the progression Classic servers just got a big (albeit glitchy) patch with the Cata prepatch and a lot of people bounce between the different WoW versions.

Is it that surprising?

1 Like

Everyone went Cata for sure. I loved Cata back in the day and leveling is fairly quick :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Honestly yeah, :100:.

People WANT to pvp. They don’t want to run incursions on their 40 in the 40 zone while groups of 50s sit around 1 shotting them.

This is the best way to level in sod by miles. If incursions weren’t giving a bajillion xp and gold i think the old leveling world would be just fine. People just move to different areas. I am questing on my 3rd alt rogue and it feels AWFUL compared to incursions.

When you add in on top of that alliance is a 2 to 1 ratio on most pvp servers it just amplifies the issue.

2 Likes

Youre a :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face: still cant figure out that layering is the problem, not faction balance

2 Likes

ironforge pop still shows 3 realms with more than 20k pop and crusader strike still have many layers at peak time.

Logs are down 10,000 from the previous log update.

1 Like

ah yes, move from one beta test to another.

You shouldn’t read that much into what the realm list in game says about low, high, medium pop. It’s just arbitrary descriptions. A high pop realm in classic isn’t the same as a high pop realm in retail for example, but they’re both called high pop. But yeah pop is probably declining

1 Like

Yea like I said logs are down by 10,000.

Sod mid tho so it’s to be expected.

3 Likes

Blackrock Mountain is the #1 reason I’ll never leave PVP servers.

It’s as legendary as SS/TM

3 Likes

https:// imgur. com/a/5KBS3Cv

kekw

I was surprised to see Crusader Strike at “medium” population. I’m not sure how many people that is but its weird to see since there are 25k people raiding here. Must be temporary because of Cata prepatch.

2 Likes

Phase 3 is better than Phase 2 by a mile so I don’t get why people would rather do archaeology in cata prepatch.

1 Like

Even though incursions are the most efficient way to level it feels like 99% of the player base absolutely detests them and it kills the open world. I don’t mind them since its easy to level alts but maybe having nobody questing in the open world is a bad idea for vanilla wow.

3 Likes

If you are wanting a break from SoD and a break from all the bots, there’s a small community being built on Deviate Delight Classic Era. Super small community but obviously 0 bots so a fresh economy. They are using phases for raiding and aren’t accepting server transfers into their guilds. Both Alliance and Horde have players, with horde having about a 2 week head start.

I highly suggest making characters there and supporting the community they are trying to build there and essentially playing on a “fresh” server.

I want to reiterate, it’s a new community being built, so don’t go in expecting a Mega server.

Hope to see you all there!

2 Likes

SoD just ain’t it. Maybe SoD2 will be better.

2 Likes

If you want a community to grow, you have to start with a discord. People don’t want to go make a character cold, they need to be enticed by hanging out in discord.

I was surprised to see you have even 40 or so people online right now, in all honesty.

10% of them will make it to 60, so you have to get that discord going.

1 Like

This is what you will be seeing from now on on wow.

Patch for retail. Retail is packed. Classics are empty.

Patch for sod. Sod packed. Everything else dead.

Patch for era. Everything else dead.

This is how blizzard is attempting to do customer retention…

They are hoping enough players decide to play every iteration of wow instead of just one. But don’t seem to realize (still to this day). That not everyone likes every iteration…

Die hards to one tend to dislike the others. And only play them if it happens to be what their friends or guilds try to con them into playing it with them.

It is the dumbest customer retention scheme I have ever seen.

2 Likes