Normal flying is coming

They’ve yet to add a pathfinder achievement that I haven’t gotten just by normally playing the expansion as current content.

1 Like

so wait are they really removing pathfinder and giving flying instead im so confused

because I don’t grind in ZC… I hate the zone as a whole. Worst zone they’ve designed in my opinion.

I did it normally through the way I play… the only one I’m still working on is the niffen and that is because I hate the zone and stay away from it. I mean I get it… If I hadn’t done any of that work from day one I probably wouldn’t grind it out either… but as it is I’m within like one or two points of what is already out here… and then will have whatever faction renown they’ll require during 10.2… I hope it isn’t more than one, if it is i might leave as well… who knows. wouldn’t be the first time I stopped playing for a while.

I get it, the problem for me though is I cant stand the story so stopped playing the expansion all together. I only started it because I thought unlocking dragonflight would unlock it everywhere and not just the dragon isles.

I just returned a couple months back after being gone since Mists was released and am doing all the xpacs I missed…I had no idea it was only for the new expansion otherwise I wouldnt have done it at all yet. I think if normal flying was available and there was a chance I could just zip through it, I would at least think about doing the story just to have done it once but no chance with it being this way.

2 Likes

The relic quests are an absolute grind and flying is acheived by attaining wind currents, so of which are designed that you can’t access them until you further the story or another player takes you there.

More efficient, possibly, but it’s still a similar grind. The beast tribes are a grind as well. The same as WoW.

also just make dragon ride also ‘normal’ i just wanna hover in the air too w/ them

1 Like

One of the new glyphs in 10.2 will allow you to do exactly that for 4 seconds.

well if that aint a swing and a miss then idk what is lol

2 Likes

opinions… opinions… yadadadada

The relic quests are both fast and easy thanks to the LFG system rewards making getting into one fast. There is no requirement of being in some raid guild like this game unless you want to wait a long time and risk being booted because someone is an elitist.

Also, having to do the story to get a couple of the wind currents is only a grind if you hate the story and dont plan on doing it. The beasts tribe rep gain is much higher than wows rep gains and thus faster. While having to “gain rep” is similar, its not on the same level in terms of time.

1 Like

Same, very happy for it. When Dragonriding works… it works really well! But when you’re going from one location to another that the game seemingly didn’t “plan for” with a good amount of uphill ascents it feels really bad to just have to sit on some rocky cliff face while your dragon drinks a Gatorade

2 Likes

The problem with DR is that it might appeal players that want to zoom around but for those of us that like to chill while doing open world stuff it is a nightmare.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

5 Likes

Blizz got it backwards, first they introduced normal laid back flying where you could just cruse and stop see the landscape and go up and down got everyone used to that then they introduce this abomination called dragon riding which calls for the player to be fully immersed and possibly run out of vigor. It’s like they gave you a car with an automatic transmission then told you you had to use a manual transmission.

6 Likes

And then they claim it is an improvement.

Nu BlizZard is obsessed with controlling how players interact with WoW which is quite sad.

5 Likes

Ok…but my question was how are you running out of vigor while gathering. Which zone you do it in doesn’t matter

Throw in CRZ and it feels like we are in one giant experiment with no thought or reason has gone into the design of these zones.

Awful.

They don’t call him “Ion Has Cost Us” for nothing

1 Like

I think some are having trouble understanding the dynamics of DRing not understanding that charging in the air is FAR faster than on the ground.
Theyd save time by circling before landing to get charged than by landing and waiting on the ground to charge.
I also wonder if theyre burning more vigor than they need to because not understanding how to manage vigor better.

if theyre not having fun with DRing, it makes sense theyre not learning to to do it well.

1 Like

because it takes vigor to take off… when you’re stopping and starting a lot you run out. the buff they give you for collecting gives you maybe 1/3 of a bubble of vigor… maybe. if your lucky. this isn’t rocket science. If you’re a gatherer you should know that there are areas where specific herbs are in more abundance and you have to recharge.

3 Likes