Normal flying is coming

I am so glad that normal flying is coming in 10.2.0. And then in later expansions the pathfinder will be removed or atleast deactivated.

13 Likes

the remove part might be after a few expansions
got to get the renown to 15 for all factions thought

source?
/10

found it:

1 Like

Requires +20 Neltharus and gold on all dragon races. (It’s a joke, guys! We have no idea yet.)

1 Like

So who’s going to fly from Valdrakken to Iskaara on their regular mount? Raise your hand.

5 Likes

Same can’t stand dragon flying/riding anymore

9 Likes

i see the old flight trainers have been deactivated…
you just fly at 30!
pathfinder is ending as well?
what about actual dragon-flight…
as an addition to dragon-gliding…
is that on the agenda as well?

dragon gliding is fast…
but i find it inconvenient
for farming applications…
gathering…i like to hover
and grab more coffee
or answer the phone…
and watching the balls
and the progression of the
gliding…has turned a utility
into a detriment.
but they are fast!

6 Likes

Gah baited with a necro

Will you have feathered wings or reptilian wings and on your back or instead of arms???

and the best part is that PF only really affects those who CANT DR well because theyre lesser abled for whatever reason than those of us who CAN DR well.

Only ion can think this crap up.

5 Likes

This is one of my main hopes

Hopefully by that time ion (main anti-flying guy on the team) is “out” so we never have to grind boring content again just to unlock a 2007-era feature (flying)

3 Likes

so they making it so we dont need pathfinder? im confused

I can dragonride just fine… I can get pretty much anywhere on the map… but flight form on my druid is part of my class fantasy. It also allowed me to harvest in flight form and I don’t have to worry about taking a nap when I run out of energy when farming like I have to with dragonflight… I mean its ok, but its like taking the Concord from NY to London. Its fast, but really not that enjoyable. Normal flight is like driving somewhere and being able to stop and see the sights.

7 Likes

Doesnt matter, its not coming in a way that will keep me in game. Dragonflight is not a good expansion so no chance I will grind out 5 factions let alone 15 to get away from this horrible flight model. im finishing the story then im out, ill go back to FFXIV and GW2 until Blizzard can fix the quality of this games story and design if Microsoft even allows them to.

4 Likes

my wingshredder is drooling with anticipation

But like…you can get pathfinder without dragonriding.

While that’s unfortunate, similar grinds are in both of those games as well.

Why are you running out of vigor while gathering? I can spend hours in ZC grinding herbs and never run out

2 Likes

FFXIVs grind is better hidden by a great LFG and daily system that actually rewards people for doing randoms enough to make it worth it…and GW2s world is alive enough that grinding is actually fun. This game used to have that but the last 3 expansions have been horrible. Only the games lore is keeping me going right now and im hitting the last expansions and am only starting to see that go to poop.