Normal BGs are probably safe

Just won Gilneas 1500-0.

Blitz is crazy fun.

2 Likes

Normal/epic bgs were always gonna be safe.

When this goes ranked…well, I’ll just say it again, normal/epic bgs will be fine, they will continue to be the most played PvP in WoW.

won 3/3 when I went unholy.

IF you go tank to bunker, don’t stay at home

Go to mid [WW, Market, Blacksmith] and squat and yell at people to go elsewhere and call inc.

People can’t think for themselves to go on offense, so you need to hold mid and send them off. Wins bgs that way.

It doesn’t mean anything at all.

I can give specific examples, but the most relevant one is I think the majority of people over 500 did so by spamming PvP WQs on alts in Legion.

It truly is a meaningless metric.

1 Like

Yeah i think that needs to be rolled back. I mean i didnt get any credit for my hours in AV in 2006, but these guys get it for not being in Battlegrounds? Stop.

Still, its not meaningless. Theres a difference between HL 17 and HL 562

Can usually see the end result of my BGB games 10 seconds after the gates open.
This mode is so simple and small scale that you can pick out all the individual little idiots in there.

then go q for those

242 Honor Level… lol.

Anyone noticing a trend?

I am.

I was just in a WG with an Honor Level 2700 healer.

He did 180 million healing, and we dominated the game. I didn’t die once.

Now, you guys can pretend it doesn’t mean ‘‘anything’’ but I’m willing to bet my home - that you’d take that 2700 Honor Level healer over the typical Blitz healers.

I certainly would.

Wow 2700, that’s like in the top 10 maybe? There’s a list somewhere. Pretty darn high up. Even with Legion, that is some serious effort put in.

I like seeing high Honor Levels. I get that Legion was a thingy, but I also know, given how slowly I go up, that there was some effort put in, a lot of effort in some cases. Effort is nice to see.

1 Like

Ye the trend I notice is usually the players that go crazy about their HL only do so because it’s the only number associated with their account that looks even remotely impressive.

I couldn’t imagine being 1898 HL with almost 1.3 million HKs and ~400k of that coming in the last ~2 years alone with absolutely nothing to show for it.

1600 in RBGs, 1550 in 2s, lifetime Challenger, etc.

You’d think all of that time would manifest into some sort of success. Maybe in BGB.

Then, again, I’ve heard it’s all RP anyway, so it is what it is.

There really isn’t any measurable difference aside from time played that’s only potentially accurate.

It provides virtually no indication on the skill or knowledge of the person behind the keyboard.

3 Likes

One of the biggest problems with using HL to try to determine skill is that unlike pushing actual rating, there is no reinforcement of good play that is required to gain HL. You can spend years doing something and sure get a lot of practice doing it, but if you are doing it wrong at the beginning and continue to practice doing it wrong the whole time, you never improve, while metrics like HL and HKs will still go up regardless.

At least with rated systems you actually have to improve as a player to get higher ratings. Continuing to practice bad play just gets you hardstuck, rated modes encourage instead analyzing your own gameplay and improving as much as possible.

4 Likes

Well said.

You two are absolutely correct.

But I still like seeing high Honor Levels. A few years ago I got Bloodthirsty, wow did that take a long time. I think I’ll hit 400 in a couple few months, just 53 more to go. Then it is on to 500…whenever.

I also agree that reenforcing bad play is thing, I do it all the time. It took me 20 years of bad play to get this far and I ain’t slowing down anytime soon, or getting better!

But, man do I have fun!

I hope y’all do as well.

1 Like

it doesnt mean anything , all that means is he healed very long fights . thats literally it and the fact that hes never stepped outside to get to 2700 honor level .

The salt is so real

2 Likes

about what ? Theres nothing to be salty about in the first place lmao

It’s not that black and white.

As for the Legion thing, I can think of plenty of folks that started pvp’ing in BfA or SL and got to high levels just by spending an inordinate amount of time playing the game.

Bluster explained it about as well as anyone could have.

i believe you, but plenty could mean 2.

Nah, the Legion thing wasn’t that big of a deal. It’s mostly just people with a lot of play time.