Noone talks anymore because chat penalties have gotten rediculous

I’m going to guess the guy who caught the ban in a battleground was just being toxic. The only people who will bother reporting the guy calling someone dumb in a battleground is if the person is losing the argument or trolling.

I can see from your previous posts, that you have not… Ironic.

2 Likes

Practice what you preach. I have seen many ranted posts by you. Yes I do remember you. Aren’t you the WoW CC member who got triggered in a post, just the other day and started calling all wow players toxic? You ended up going on a spiel about god knows what… Then after people called you out, that post was removed.

2 Likes

Never called “all WoW players toxic”, but don’t let me stop you from spinning a narrative.

1 Like

Where can I post the screenshots bub? Because I did submit and flag you for it, so there is no need for me to “spin a narrative.” I have seen multiple attacks coming from you on these forums. Lol… It’s funny because you know exactly what post I am referring to too, because you got so triggered in it there is no way one could forget it. I know posting such screenshots would be against forum ToS. So enlighten me Community Council Representative, where can I post these screenshots for you? Since you seem to have forgotten what you said just the other day.

4 Likes

You can contact support.

100% People will still sometimes report you due to being petty, even hyper kindness some people are just like this. While i disagree with the OP you can’t deny that sometimes it’s better to say nothing at all then even base kindness.

I remember the one claiming that the forums are only the same 20-30 people who are a sounding board on each other (LOL - as if we all agree on here) and all of these people are incredibly toxic… and the CC person is only here because they are “forced” to be here because they decided to be on the CC. That “toxic” comment was made as a broad, sweeping statement but there was the claim made in a follow-up post that it was not.

Note that this poster themselves has shown toxic behavior on these forums too but they probably don’t even recognize it.

That was followed by the comment that the forums have no moderators or maybe only “one person who looks at them once in a while”, I guess because that person is used to heavily moderated places on the internet where posts get moderated before they are allowed to be posted, I don’t know. As expected the whole thread got deleted because the forums are moderated.

I do think that it’s best to just stay quiet in BGs though, they can be pretty toxic places IMO. Can these forums be toxic too? Yes, for sure. That happens when people are passionate about stuff.

1 Like

don’t grace toxicity with your attention man. it’s a waste of time.

Fixed this line for you, otherwise perfect.

1 Like

This new social contract and the enforcement has been great from what I can see. In the old days of face to face interaction, if you called someone dumb, you might have gotten punched in the face. And people learned on the streets as kids, don’t be a jerk, even if others are or there might be consequences.
This new system has added long-needed consequences.
It is a online punch in the face, which is all some will learn by.
Or as in the old days, if they didn’t learn, they quit hanging out with us anymore. Problem solved either way.
So you can defend your behavior by continuing to be aggressive and insult others … i.e. snow flakes, sensitive. But the result is the same. Learn or disappear…either way the game is better. You won’t agree…but the community won’t have to listen to it anymore.

If its not necessary, not helpful – there is no need to say it.
When you put someone else down, you are really putting yourself down. (I think I saw that on Brady Bunch lol)

6 Likes

I have yet to see any benefit of calling them anything. It hasnt changed anything in the last 17 years, does anyone expect it to suddenly work differently now?

is that like calling them a doodoo head?

Look man. The moment you made it personal was the moment your interaction became inappropriate.

Like it’s one thing to say “hey dude we need to stop sitting farm or we’re going to lose,” it’s another to insult somebody.

WoW players come from all walks of life and it’s important to be receptive to that.

Like… Keep it about the game.

2 Likes

My last two “vacations” from wow are because:

1. I pointed out that I can’t solo return a flag vs 5 defenders in wsg, and that at least a few of the 9 people inexplicably on defense should stop being bad, and use their brains for a moment, because the flag will not just miracle itself back to our base if we never actually attack the damn efc. Spamming and abusive chat for saying this for 10 minutes when literally zero of them ever crossed mid. Not a single one of the 8 non flag holders gets suspended for throwing.

2. Suspended again when a shadow priest, standing next to myself and an alliance s4 geared warrior, which I’ve put into an ice trap on my undergeared hunter alt, decides that it’s a GENIUS plan to dot him up/break him out of cc and get us both killed because we where both in melee range… Apparently being that terrible at the game after 20 years is ok… But informing them that they made a really serious play that got both of you killed was too triggering and thus, banned.

This is what happens when a company is run by damn California snowflakes. I’d add, the only lesson I learned from those two situations is that people suck, blizzard is a joke of a company, and that throwing/intentionally sabotaging games is fine, but god forbid one of those little morons gets offended when you try and hold them accountable for their actions.

1 Like

Noone talks because this isn’t an aol chat room in 1990.

Even if that happened with that hunter man? You can’t play the game for him, so don’t try…

In a competitive game, somebody’s got to lose. It’s important to be prepared for that outcome every time you queue and just don’t let it get to you when it happens…

It’s just a video game, man.

shrug

There’s a lot of people out there making this thing a much bigger deal than it really is. Take a step back and maintain perspective.

1 Like

I think this is what happens when the younger generation regulates the older generation…

1 Like

What do they say…

You can’t always control what happens to you but you can control how you react to what happens to you…

The second you make it personal you’ve done it incorrectly.

Let your circumstance be your circumstance and act accordingly.

It’s like “man, I wish I just had 1 more rage point right then,” but I guess I didn’t so what do I do now that best suits the situation to achieve victory.

No, it’s just a stupid double standard. If you join dungeon and actively try and prevent your party from completing the dungeon it’s fair game to flame them for being bad/stupid/trolls… but people do exactly that all the damn time in a bg, where apparently their feelings are for some reason more important than the objective of the thing they voluntarily queud up to participate in.

2 Likes