Noone talks anymore because chat penalties have gotten rediculous

Did you guys know you can catch a 10 day ban just for getting into an arguement with someone in the middle of a bg and calling them dumb? It’s true, and I think this is part of the reason noones social in dungeons and bgs anymore. You literally can’t call people dumb.

38 Likes

Have you tried… Not calling people dumb?

47 Likes

Have you tried…maybe…not being so dumb that I call your IQ out?

31 Likes

Brilliant troll or the likely reason I see so many clean windows…well dirt free anyway…but with the odd assortment of partially chewed food.

Some time ago the mothers of the world stopped washing mouths out with soap, it’s a shame.

9 Likes

The current state of people reporting others for language is actually pathetic and disgusting. There are already tools in the game to /ignore people and turn on mature language filter.

There are too many special snowflakes in modern online gaming. The only language which should be reported is overt racism.

29 Likes

The impulsive name-callers :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: are usually the ones with the mental health & anger issues, & could probably use a good time-out break from the game.

6 Likes

While I agree a ban for calling someone dumb is going too far, you shouldn’t ever need to call a stranger that anyway man. If a plan is dumb, call it out for what it is, but the man himself could be totally new and just not understand the game well enough.

That being said I tell the people raging and calling others dumb “don’t be an ***” all the time in bgs and never gotten a ban.

It’s likely not the language that gets you the ban, its the attitude.

3 Likes

Why can’t the default be being nice to people?

11 Likes

The people intentionally trying to get a rise out of people by purposely playing poorly/throwing a fit like a 5 year old in groups/raids/bgs, shouldn’t be playing the game period, calling out people out for their dumb behavior from time to time should be fine…people abusing the report function should also be banned.

Pretty big difference between someone whos actually toxic vs someone trying to deal with an actual troll in the game trying to report people for nothing.

6 Likes

What kind of conversations are people having? My last two groups we talked about prot pally mana efficiency and the Yankees crazy start to this baseball season.

1 Like

Well, yes, why would you insult someone by telling them straight they’re dumb, even if they are?

Is it to make you feel better or the other person feel bad?

I try to communicate the basic so we can try to win the BG. If people are just playing bad, whatever, try your best and report whomever tries to suggest to throw the game (that can give you a suspension + losing honor).

1 Like

Sounds like you know why you got your ban and can take steps to not have it happen again by not being rude to players. If they’re rude to you /ignore or report. you stay unbanned and they get punished for their actions breaking the ToS.

7 Likes

I know my favorite part of BGs is when my side starts to lose and someone in raid chat starts letting us all have it. We sometimes fail because we don’t target healers or we use the wrong strategy, sometimes we’re just stupid. I appreciate someone in raid chat explaining to us how it’s our fault we’re losing and that we might as well throw the game. It’s always a pleasure to learn from my mistakes from such brilliant honorable sportsmen.

1 Like

Sometimes saying nothing is better than saying something.

1 Like

TIL talking = calling people dumb

ty OP

A 10-day ban means it’s not your first ban. Tell us more, OP.

3 Likes

It appears that Impsie also did an Oopsie to know that.

Blockquote There are already tools in the game to /ignore people and turn on mature language filter.

This

Just so everyone’s aware this isn’t actually true.

4 Likes