Noone likes Seething Shore!

I love seething shore.

Eh for me Seething Shore is either super great or super bad.

I don’t really like how rng based it is since first few node spawns can pre-determine the results of the game.

I do like that blizz tried, but it’s a high responsibility map and it really sucks when most people are not good when alone. (That’d be me on my main, suck at 1v1 or 2v2, I need other warm bodies to soak some of that damage and cc)

Can’t speak for the RBG version but in randoms in addition to mobility, the ability to spin endlessly and robust self sustain give major advantages in SS. The first means that a handful of your team can keep most of the enemy team tied up on one end of the map and the second means that the 2-3 guys from your team running around on the other side of the map can easily outlive the few enemy stragglers they encounter and snatch up nodes all day.

If you get stuck in SS on a team severely lacking in any of those categories you’re gonna have a bad time.

By far the worst BG in the history of blizzard entertainment for 1 simple reason.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to coordinate to a crowd of inexperienced players where on earth to go next.

There are scattered nodes popping up and disappearing like 'whack 'a mole ’ every 30 seconds, and if your team doesn’t have a measurable IQ and needs some text direction there is no way to give that to them.

The only way to fix it is make more specific locations for the nodes like northwest southwest, northeast, southeast, and central that randomly pop up once 1 of the 3 are taken
And create more of an alarm when one pops up like

“The Southeast azerite is about to spawn!”

2 Likes

Why do we have 9 at shipwreck?

1 Like

That is one of the biggest issues. Other node/resource maps have simple ways to refer to locations, like “go mid” or “go top”

The nodes are constantly shifting so the directions are too relative and people have to think too much about what you’re meaning. You say “go east” because there’s one node that’s east. 2 seconds after you said it though a 2nd one appeared eastish, so now your group’s split.

They all have “names” actually, but who the crap knows which node is “waterfall” without looking around for longer than they can afford to be stalling? Maybe an RBGer but this is casual stuff.

1 Like

Even in rbg’s you never know what bg you’re going to get. For everyone in your group to be ready to expect to know the vernacular of the 7 or 8 nodes in this crappy bg on the off chance that you get seething shore over the 10 others is completely stupid.

1 Like

I definitely like it better than DWG.

1 Like

As an rbg I couldn’t speak to it…

Definitely keep it as a regular though… Variety is the spice of life.

I hate seething shore, it makes me miss blacklisting SO much