Noisy Plaguebat

Ever since patch 11.0, the Undercity Plaguebat mount is roaring constantly (making the same noises it used to make occasionally when left sitting idle or using /mountspecial). This always happens at least once upon summoning the mount, but sometimes it triggers two sets of “roars” which causes a lot of noisy overlap every time the mount is summoned.

I’ve also noticed that when sitting idle, the mount makes its idle noise far more often than it used to (and I’ve been using this mount since BFA). I timed it for several minutes, and the average seems to be that it makes noise every 15-20 seconds (sometimes the gap between sets of roars is as low as 10 seconds, sometimes as high as 30-35 seconds).

It’s not so bad at first, but after using this mount to level in The War Within zones (with the constant mounting and dismounting I’m doing), the excessive roaring is really wearing on me. I love this mount and it never used to be this noisy. I can only think that the sudden excess of noises it’s making has something to do with the addition of skyriding for old mounts.

Is anyone else having a similar problem with other mounts that occasionally used to make noises?

2 Likes

Circling back to bump this thread for visibility. Has anyone else had this issue? I have seen older threads from 10.1 mentioning a noise issue for dragonriding mounts during Dragonflight. Was there never a fix for this?

This is feeling like a serious “monkey’s paw” moment for me. I missed using my plaguebat during Dragonflight and was excited to be able to have skyriding enabled on it in The War Within.

Now the noise it makes is constant and incessant… every single time it’s summoned, without fail, I get a series of screeches that just persist way longer than they need to.

If there’s an addon anyone knows of to help alleviate this issue, I would happily take the recommendation. Leatrix hasn’t proven useful, as I cannot seem to find any trace of what the sound file name might be for the plaguebat screeches.

2 Likes

This has been happening to me a ton as well and it’s incredibly frustrating.

2 Likes

Bumping for more visibility. Hopefully we can get a solution or an answer as to what’s causing the mount to suddenly become so noisy.

1 Like

Bumping again because it won’t stop screaming

1 Like