Nobody wants spell batching

Just another example of spell batching being trash

Watch Ebbn perfectly lead his target with a nade and it whiff despite blowing up literally on top of the mage

1 Like

This right here is an example of someone trying to act smart, but making a fool out of himself…batching was part of the game, go play BFA if you want changes wtf

Actually Mr. smartass, there is skill involved in landing epic kobe grenades…i have several examples of it on youtube, instead of spending all day on the forums complaining maybe you should do some PvP and practice and you will learn how batching works :slight_smile:

Here we go, this guy again.

BATCHING in it’s current state WAS NOT in vanilla and I played as a Rogue on 400+ ms in Australia.
We never had mobs hitting after cheapshot, sap etc, mobs never spun around when stunned, vanish worked.

I think it’s you who’s stuck in BFA mate.

1 Like

actually it was - and to prove it I give you the ultimate video evidence showing spell batching:

Instead of Kazzak getting 1shot with all 1816 white auto attacks + SoR attacks, notice how it gets divided into 4 attacks instead of all at once?

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s not intended for a warrior to be able to charge a mob, cancel the auto and run away, just to have the mob do nothing after the charge stun. They just drop combat and never even aggro on you after the charge as long you don’t auto.

Also like I’ve said before execute is being batched twice currently. Here’s a quote from the post about it by Ekbert:

"Some background first; the way Execute works in vanilla and classic is in two stages. When you cast Execute the damage of the skill is calculated including the excess rage, the cost of the skill itself is deducted immediately (15 rage untalented), the Execute damage is applied at the next batch tick and then a server-side script runs which after a delay reduces your remaining rage to 0. Additional bug reports from warriors indicated that any rage generated during this trigger window is lost once the trigger reduces your rage to 0. For example, if your Execute cast procs Windfury Totem then the rage generated by that extra attack is not factored into the Execute damage, and is then completely lost when the trigger reduces your rage to 0.

The reason Execute feels clunky in Classic is because this trigger delay is double the size of what it was in vanilla."

I find this thread very entertaining because everyone seems to somehow seem to have this crystal clear memory of somehow having a sub 200ms connection when broadband/ethernet connection back in 2006 when less than 1/4 of US citizens even had ACCESS to a high-speed internet connection, let alone had one installed in their home.

People who think that SB + MSLag back in the day averaged less than .4s are either kidding themselves, misremembering, or were part of the tiny fraction of users who actually had a one of the rare + expensive broadband connections that even existed back then.

There are admittedly problems with batching but I can promise to you that what you’re seeing in game now with SB is exceedingly closer to the original experience most users had with their 200-550MS connection that was the average back in the day.

2 Likes

I had 100ms “back in the day” and it feels way slower and clunkier in 2019. Go figure.

3 Likes

Smartass? That wasn’t me in the video and that druid would wipe your face on the floor in PVP

I’ve seen countless whiffed grenades in the duelers tournament which is the best pvpers in the world

I think you’re just actually bad at the game and spell batching made you good so you think you have some sort of authority to speak now :laughing::joy:

3 Likes

Another video for you guys showing the perniciousness of spell batching. In this video, the enemy is attacking me while stunned for a full two and a half seconds.

5 Likes

I put together a video showing a breakdown of the combat processes due to spell batching.

It’s pretty rough, but shows what I’m seeing during this pull, and the assorted delays associated with spell batching. I’m also working on the feign death video and going to break it down also

Video playback is at 25% speed and recorded directly from youtube

If you pause at 16 seconds you can see the complete disconnect with reality the servers are running on when you look at the hunter pet’s focus bar, and the mob’s target of target focus bar

3 Likes

Feels like even my battle.net chat is batched. There is always a delay when I send a message.

I have noticed this as well

Yes - if I send a message to another person in my battlenet account while playing classic WoW and they are on another server, there is about a 1-2 second delay.

Spell batching is the single worst decision made by the classic team, and it isnt remotely close. I don’t understand why so many things were changed while spell batching with such a huge window was somehow so important to keep.

We have items that were not around during this time, like rhok delar

We have loot trading

We have right click report

We have layering and different population limits per server

We have a different macro system

But somehow the game needed to be laggy, because we couldnt change THAT? You cant make a nochanges, skill, or any solid argument for this spell batching crap.

And anyone who says this adds more skill in pvp is flat out wrong. Not only is it random and unpredictable, but who it benefits varies by class. If I scatter you first, and I still get sheeped, blinded, or hit with practically anything, Ive just been screwed due to the short duration of scatter. There is no skill in taking advantage of that, you just have to be lucky that the spell batching gave you enough of a window to ignore the fact that I reacted in time to negate your ability.

And no, sprinting at a mage while spamming gouge, hoping that spell batching will help it land as the mage blinks, does not take skill.

7 Likes

Also, broadband wasnt as rare back then as people like to pretend. Yeah, about 1/3 of your average households had it, but we are talking about nerdy mmorpg players here.

I was 21 when the game released, and I had cable internet. It was the first thing I did after getting my apartment. Unless someone has specific data on wow players, using stats that include aunt martha down the road who doesnt know how to use email isnt going to give an accurate picture of who olayed the game.

1 Like

Thank you for your post, OP. Batching is fricking terrible. Please remove this completely unnecessary and artificial delay.

6 Likes

Have video evidence just from tonight:

take damage 9 frames after entering Ice Block. also potions bug and after LIP’ing my potions go on CD but do not begin ticking down. They are still on CD 3 minutes later (not a UI error, I tried using them). in the same encounter both these happen.

QUALITY PRIVATE SERVER. <3 BATCHING.

3 Likes

Blizzard bring back Lights Hope or Northdale or Nostalrius or something please. thanks

Agreed, please remove this garbage. My main is a healer and NOTHING is more infuriating than getting a heal off on your target with 1% health only to see them die. I know I’m not a terrible healer, but it kills my confidence when I make a good play like that only for it to be ruined.