Nobody Rolls a Character to play a Victim

And how were the Druids of the Flame any different? Narratively they were just Night Elves living in Ashenvale and such that would have been the same Night Elves from Classic and so on.

I don’t think any of the named NPCs fought in 5.3 in the Barrens were anyone the Horde player ever interacted with before, were they?

The Druids of the Flame ceased to be part of the Alliance and Night elf society when they took up worship of RAGNAROS, the fire elemental dedicated to burning down the world for… ##### and giggles I guess. They attack fellow nelves/druids in their quest to destroy the regrow world tree, they aren’t just hostile to the Horde.

And they were still potentially, as Azighan put it, “our comrades in arms, potentially serving our interests and faction since as far back as Vanilla.”

The difference is that both the player character and the NPCs they’re killing consider themselves horde while doing it. Unless the druids of the flame were claiming they were championing the cause of the night elves and the Cenarion Circle while they were at it, I don’t think it’s a fair comparison.

They might have well thought they were:

Leyara says: Fandral would never have allowed the Horde to attack our home! And who did Malfurion send to defend us? No one!
    Fandral Staghelm says: Your anger is not misguided.
    Leyara says: Who's there?
    Fandral Staghelm says: One who shares your pain. One who offers you the power to assuage it.
    Leyara says: Fandral! You escaped from prison?
    Fandral Staghelm says: I was rescued by some new allies. I'm sorry I was not here sooner.
    Leyara says: What is this power? What have you become?
    Fandral Staghelm says: You will learn in due time, my daughter. Come with me. Together, we will bring vengeance to those who have wronged us...

Additionally, while both Sylvanas’ Horde thinks of itself as the Horde, and the rebels think of themselves as the Horde, neither one sees the other as their Horde.

1 Like

I feel that this thread is more relevant given what has come to light today.

to be honest I want to be a Villain. I am a Death Knight cause I want to be edgy and evil. To hell with saving Azeroth. I’ve never cared about saving Azeroth, I’ve care about personal gain and my guild.

The two cases are very different.

Teldrassil was created as a leveling zone up to 10-12 levels.

Gilneas City was originally meant to be a different kind of battleground, an intense street by street battle for control, but they could not make the concept work so it was abandoned.

What’s your point here?