Nobody Rolls a Character to play a Victim

I don’t see having to quest with the Night Elves for atonement as punishment. I obviously consider it quality content.

1. Said the night elf.
  2. Listen man im really not gonna get into it with you again, nor did I even mention questing with the night elves, the having the horde lose more leaders would punish the players for a narrative standpoint, i.e less characters more legion like (alliance focused expansions).
  3. You already think the horde players need to atone for their actions (which they had no choice in), I woudlent consider a mop 2.0 ending quality content. Like it or not the factions and players are intertwined. So if the you the horde do what you wanna do, yes that could be seen very much so as a punishment. Think of getting more chores.
6 Likes

When did he say this?

I thought that’s what you were talking about with:

Like they did in Legion with Malfurion and Tyrande.

That is my point. The Horde is in need of fixing right now. Horde players should be intertwined with fixing it. Even if it is MoP 2.0.

And no one gets choice in this game. Not unless you count Play Along as a successful implementation of choice, which obviously I assume neither of us does.

3 Likes

The horde nor alliance players are also not responsible for cleaning up blizzards mess. There are ways to do it without what you mentioned.

So again I dunno why you are suggesting what you are suggesting, if you dident like it, why would you wish it upon others?

Plus I think it would be much better for the night elves to pull themselves up by their bootstraps rather than having others help.

3 Likes
    When I ask Hazzikostas about the developer’s intent on putting this on Horde players, and if they think it can go too far, he briefly hesitates.

“It’s a heavy responsibility, and it’s not one that anyone on the team takes lightly,” he says. “Our aim in storytelling is always to evoke emotion. If that goes too far, it can feel exploitative, it can feel like players are caught in a situation they don’t want to be in. We want people to stick around, to play with their friends, and to see the end of the story we’re telling.”

For players, they’ve spent months dealing with the burden of Darnassus. For characters like Tauren druids, or Blood Elf paladins, this can feel like an overwhelming loss of agency. Many Horde players are also concerned because a similar tale played out two expansions ago in Mists of Pandaria , with Garrosh Hellscream. For these players, the second corrupt Warchief in under five years might suggest that the Horde they have been playing under for a decade or more is broken, and not worth defending.

Hazzikostas is aware of the parallels to Garrosh’s story, and he says that the Horde is too.

“There are a couple of references here and there,” he says. “There are more coming. Members of the Horde leadership will remember going down dark paths before.”

1 Like

I still think the Night Elves should apologize for killing the Orcs and Humans in Warcraft III without having talked to them first, so I do not think anyone is above atoning for the wrongs they have done.

That is something other Night Elf fans call for. I do not have any problem or think any less of the Night Elves for receiving help from people who offer.

2 Likes

<Sylvanas rings up the contractors.>
“Yes hello, this is your Banshee Queen speaking. I’d like to upgrade all of our buildings with the Deluxe Halloweentown Package, please. Yes, with the Mad Scientist Accessory bundle. Thank you.”

6 Likes

Even I’m not that cynical. There are plenty of people who by most standards are “good”.

Oh im sure the night elves(like the rest of the races) will experience new loses and wins. And before you say anything, yes the night elves have had wins evrn in WoW.

They dont count for reasons

You also lobby for the Gnomes and Gilneans to keep having to wait for forever to get their wins because other Alliance members have filled the Alliance win quota for any given time period.

I do not find this an agreeable mentality.

1 Like

But if you look at the story forums, Night Elf players LOVE shedding tears.

2 Likes

Can you see how it would suck to want to play a heroic fantasy but instead be asked to play as a (probably temporarily) reformed criminal due to choices that you had nothing to do with and were powerless to change?

We’re already being forced to play as nameless stooges for a super villain.

Edit: Playing as a hero appeals to most players, in my opinion. Playing as an outright villain is less popular, but has its fans. But virtually no one wants to play as the loser who is now begging forgiveness.

11 Likes

Or you could play as someone in the Horde who never sided with Sylvanas ever in BfA and so never was a stooge nor had to be reformed, but rather you are playing as a hero by helping right wrongs and overthrowing evil.

2 Likes

That’s how I imagine Zul here. She’s just trying to help her people and views Syvies actions as abominable. No fan of Night Elves but burning Teldrassel was too far.

1 Like

So now you are pitching a scenario where the Horde player has to pretend that everything she did in the last expansion was a dream, except not for the rest of the Horde, who really are evil, but she still has to atone?

Hard pass.

How about pitching ideas that don’t involve Horde players at all, since you clearly could care less about their game experience?

12 Likes

“If no one wants to play the victim, why is it so popular to do on the forums?” - Philosopherraptor

9 Likes

Look, I am on record as hating every bit of Horde content this whole expansion. I seriously considered quitting over the War of Thorns and did not log in for two weeks. When I finally did log in, I only did the War of Thorns quests on my Alliance main–who is a Night Elf–and did not touch it on any of my Horde toons. I’ve sat in Zandalar fishing all expansion and have not reached level 120 because I hate all of this so very much.

And I would consider having to quest with the Night Elves for atonement as a punishment.

2 Likes

Why didn’t you hard pass on playing a stooge?

You mean Legion?

Why would you play my proposal if you didn’t like it after not having played anything else you didn’t like?

Obviously this is not your perspective on helping the Night Elves get their land back, but Horde players can offer aid to people for a good cause and feel good about it, especially if they haven’t done anything evil like you clearly haven’t.

1 Like

If you’ve played BFA at all that means it’s already too late. Thankfully I never bought BFA myself and parked all my Horde toons at the old farm at Halfhill. They are unstained, but unfortuntely now stuck there foever, since it’s impossible to advance as a Horde character in this expansion without serving the Lich Queen in her destructive psychopathy, and you’ll still have to advance through BFA content to get to the next expansion’s content anyway.